which one to go for??????

jam35

Member +
right ive been without boost for about 18 months now, so the time has come for me to pull my finger out and get another car however im torn beetween an mr2 tubby or a gt.

which one would you pick?

the insurance is cheaper on the mr2 but the tax is more expensive so they both work out around the same, i will have some fun in it for a month or 2 before taking it off the road for some drastic changes.

any input would be awesome

cheers james

jam35

Member +
^^^yeah that is a big plus point to them

anyone know what mr2s are like for getting the power down when they are 500bhp and upwards?

which ever i go for alot of panels will be replaced with carbon fibre also

mr2 rev3

Member +
There both fantastic cars, witch ever one you end up going for buddy, but a 500bhp mr2 isnt going to be the nicest thing to drive on the road lol, even the slightest damp/wet day.... game over.

jam35

Member +
^^^ it wont be used on the road to often, maybe the odd weekend, most of the time it will be sat in the garage nice and warm and driven to most shows and trackdays, or do you think 500bhp is ott on it

mr2 rev3

Member +
^^^ it wont be used on the road to often, maybe the odd weekend, most of the time it will be sat in the garage nice and warm and driven to most shows and trackdays, or do you think 500bhp is ott on it

To me There becomes a point where you can make a car undriveable or not fun to drive, and in my personal opinion 500 shetland ponies falls into this category, im pretty sure 400 bhp would make an awesome car and embarrass most of the cars on the road dude, my mr2 has a greddy td05 with all the bits and bobs and thats great fun.....:haha: