Who knows about personalised plates?

Glanza_MK

Member +
I currently have E3 JDW on my Glanza (my initials) which is staying. Im now after M3 JDW for my M3. Ive looked on loads of personalised plate websites and theyve all said its not available. However, when putting it into insurance quotes, it says the registration cant be found.

If a company buys a number plate from the DVLA, are they the only ones who will have it on there website? Or is it appearing as not found because its on retention or something?

Any help much appreciated!

John

fred

Member +
The companies you search dont own the reg's they are just advertise them for other owners.

I dont think you can use the insurance online reg thing to verify if a reg exists. Something more credable like a HPi check would tell you.

Glanza_MK

Member +
Ok, thanks folks!

EDIT: Just to add... SB, did you used to have a blue GT and come down to Milton Keynes quite alot? Or am I thinking of someone else?!

Last edited:

CMR

Member +
Its registered but not currently assigned to a vehicle. Either a company has it, or its on retention like you say

Spoonz

Member +
someone could also have the plate for show and not use it thats why its not reg with insurance best bet to ring DVLA and ask if thi plate is used/registered to anyone if not u may have to get it made up yourself which cause of the amount of letters (bein not many) will cost u a fair bit

Sigma

Member +
If it says that it cannot be found, then the registration was never produced.

This means that, it doesn't technically exist, but can be bought at DVLA auction if there are more than 3 people intrested in it.

:)

I've always wanted MAC 111N, and am currently waiting in my 4th year for it to appear at auction :(

Tommy

ryanerak

Member +
What year is your M3 also as you cant put a plate on a car that'll make it appear younger than it is, i.e if your car is a L reg originally u cant put M3 at the start.

Glanza_MK

Member +
Thanks chaps, I'll get in touch with the DVLA then. That'll be a pain if I gotta find 3 people who are interested in it! Will have to get some mates in on it!
How do all the other reg's appear on the websites? Have the DVLA already produced them?

SB, there was a couple with a blue GT who used to come down to MK a fair bit and im sure they were from the Norwich area. Im also sure she looked quite a bit like you! Or my minds just playing tricks and im chatting shit.

Sig, that would be an awesome plate! Now all you need is a Tommy Mak evo! :p

Ryan, dont worry dude, I went through all that when I got my other personalised plate. That one was released by DVLA when they did all the E reg's. My M3 is a 1998 E36 Evolution so no probs with an M3 plate :cool:

Spoonz

Member +
well my friend for a plate for her bmw which was something like L3 DJA and she just ran dvla got them to produce it register it and she brought it :)