### Who makes aftermarket cams for the 4e ? ###

cole

Member +
going to be looking for some cams in the future but dont want to pay an arm and a leg for them

who sells them / makes them and what prices are they

will be wanting custom ones i have all the duration etc written down

Phil

Super Moderator
what specs you want them to be?

dave burwash and speedvision both sell them(ivan tighe billets) and pretty sure they can get them made to what ever specs you want/need.

Phil

speedvision

Member +
not sure

the ones i said above are what ive been told to use with a certain turbo kit i want

some 1 will no what standard ones are ?

u2u me ur specs of which cam u need to be 264 and which 272 and the lift u need on them...i can sort u out some of tighe's cam...will take them about a week or so to make up for you....

sam

Nille

Member +
What are the standard cams Lift?

Lift is more important than degrees. And then comes the opening time.

If you drive the car daily and want stay it nice idle too you have to plan good it with the new cams. Long opening times for turbo car may not also work good. It depends..

I would say that --> Good for power is make INTAKE cam LIFT 8.3mm-9.0mm with 256-264 degrees (8.3-8.4mm is highest what can fit spin orininal head, you have to do some "dig-dug" works there if want bigger LIFT).

Then if you want the engine is smooth and nice to handle in daily use again --> Good for EXHAUST cam would be like 8.3 LIFT with 256-260 Crank degrees.. This is only my opinion.. But do not put there too steep cam.

Cruise 256 cam specs are IN 8.8 Lift and EX 8.3 Lift and base circle is IN 32mm and EX 31.6mm.

So remember that OEM BC is 34mm. Too small BC makes more work at valvetrain parts. Or lash caps may be needed.

Cole: If you´re planning for 350hp the 256 cams would be nice if lift is at least 8.3mm depending your other application.
I have mailed to Tighe about a year ago and there was then a 256 profile some 8.2 Lift. It is middle cam but if you must have Drag cam then I´m out of range.. Still I have some new pair reprofile 280 / over 10mm lift. Maybe use in NA car them some day (NA are´t so durable than turbo is). Turbo car is maybe too hard to keep them balance with hard valve springs still..

Last edited: