Who`s done the ae101 upgrade?

Ooomoo

Member +
Hey guys just wondering who`s done the levin caliper upgrade and was it worth the money to do?
Im looking to upgrage my brakes and have a friend with a set of calipers, also has any swoped the rears over for the levin ones, or is there a better set to use for the rears?

The plan was if i go ahead with it, levin calipers front, grooved disc, uprated brake fluid, brake stopper, braided lines and a good set of pads.. if the rears cn be swopped over then ill upgrade the master cylinder to maybe a yaris one..

any input would be super dooper lol

Ted

Member +
the actual caliper is the same as an early jdm st185 celica gt4. the carrier that bolts the carrier on is different. from memory if you do the celica setup you need a 3mm spacer behind your brake disc to make it work, levin setup needs more like 8 or 10 mm which is problematic for wheel spacing.

Ooomoo

Member +
from memory its 8mm i think for the levin ones, i dont think that will cause many issues tho. but its the levin calipers or the st205 ones i was toying with :)

Ted

Member +
from memory its 8mm i think for the levin ones, i dont think that will cause many issues tho. but its the levin calipers or the st205 ones i was toying with :)

that would be worth trying definitely. loads of st205s breaking out there. probably need 16s to get them on tho.

Ooomoo

Member +
yeah 16`s would deffo be needed lol, they may be a tad overkill tho because im wanting the abs out 2, gotta liv life on the edge n all that jaz lol