Who says glanza's arnt quick round a track? :)

fred

Member +
Right, some of you may know I used to own a 106 gti. I am still an active member of staff of a 106 club so I naturally attended the French Car Show at Rockingham at the weekend.

I infiltrated the stand and the track session, and after recieving alot of jib about it not being able to handle like a 106 blah blah blah.

Here is a little taster. The yellow gti has the usual breathing mods and its cammed and remapped to 155 bhp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixVPHwsSvXw

There will be a better video to follow soon from my mate who followed me for about 4 laps :)

fred

Member +
Mods that count:

Tein Coilovers
Whiteline rear ARB
Cusco top mounts
Tubular manifold
Janspeed 2.5" custom exhaust
HKS induction
HKS actuator set to 10 psi

Need a FMIC, more fuel and more boost...

Rear ARB is AMAZING kids. Brake, turn in with no throttle back end flicks round to eliminate understeer then feather the throttle to control the slide and power out :)

Kelly

Member +
Hope you had fun no vid is nowhere near long enough. Ive come across a yellow 106 with the same mods mentioned above quite nippy motors!

azerty

Supermoderator
the vid shows a straight line :( so how can we could judge handeling ??
well at least it seems you had great fun ;)

Lee C

Member +
Tut tut fred, im the one with the said 106 gti and there seems to be a mistake.

In the vid there are 2 yellow gti's, the 1st one that gets passed is not mine, the second which is traveling faster is mine.

Mine has colour coded bump strips, the first has black inserts!

BUT......

The 106 is now for sale due to being really impressed with Fred's glanza, i would say mine was only a bit quicker on the straight but was quicker in the corners and better on the brakes. I know Fred's has only mild mods so its got me thinking that a GT/Glanza would be a better and more cost affective track car. Ive just spent short of 1k buying and fitting the cams only for it to be as quick as a glanza on 10psi, im gutted to say the least.

So i maybe coming back to the starlet world soon so if anyone want to swap for my GTI or wants/known anyone who wants the car then give me a shout so i can being my track car project.

http://pistonheads.com/sales/565249.htm

Pic:-
Picture122.jpg