will a td04

string gt

Member +
be quick enough for most things on the street but also keep alot of driveability. stuck weither to go
1)td04 which should be on song by 4k right?
2)ricky 300 kit which is on song by 5k?
no forged engine till next year so which one would you have?

or
3)td04 kit for now n swap to td05 if i did need more power for private road raing.

cheers

churcherj

Member +
be quick enough for most things on the street but also keep alot of driveability. stuck weither to go
1)td04 which should be on song by 4k right?
2)ricky 300 kit which is on song by 5k?
no forged engine till next year so which one would you have?

or
3)td04 kit for now n swap to td05 if i did need more power for private road raing.

cheers

td04 all the way ifyou want good road driveability, will spool up well and has the potential for good power :) td05 on a non forged engine at low boost will be pointless!

td04 FTW!

xxjack189

Member +
For everyday use and without forging. youd really want a hybrid ct9 or something. you wont get the full potential of a td04 or 5 on standard internals.

sanchez

Member +
mate im not being funny, but you have been asking the same question for days now :holdit:

Get a td04 kit, and when you want more power, buy a td05 turbo!

Thread closed :p

stavros

Member +
I think a TD04 at 1bar, standard internals, just with supporting mods (uprated fuel pump, fuel pressure reg, fmic, air filter relocation kit, etc) would be pretty suitable. That would be around 220hp (At a guess), so plenty of grunt and good fun. My TD04 is running at standard boost with a possible ringland failure at that goes pretty well :)

churcherj

Member +
For everyday use and without forging. youd really want a hybrid ct9 or something. you wont get the full potential of a td04 or 5 on standard internals.

i disagree mate, a td04 at 1 bar on standard internals will pull just aswell and probably alot better than a hybrid setup at the same boost pressure, fair enuf it may not be so responsive in the lower rpm, but you make up for it in top end power,

go td04 mate you wont regret it, plus hybrids are expensive and if it goes wrong will be costly, td04s are easiy to obtain and are good proven turbos on the 4efte!

:) sorted

string gt

Member +
sanchez i'm just contemplating what to do. ricky 300 brake kit supposedly will spool similar to td04 but make more power and handle more boost. i run a hybrid but want to forge so would u forge n then get turbo kit or buy kit before.

churcherj

Member +
sanchez i'm just contemplating what to do. ricky 300 brake kit supposedly will spool similar to td04 but make more power and handle more boost. i run a hybrid but want to forge so would u forge n then get turbo kit or buy kit before.

you could get the 300 brake kit and run it on really low boost until you forge but theres no point? will be terrible to drive but thats up to you :)

still think the td04 will spool alot quicker but i havent read the spec of rickys kits. if you wana run the big kit...

forge, fit the big turbo at the same time, run in the engine, map it up...

done

string gt

Member +
are big kits worth it. obv big power but if it don't spool till 5 n redline bout 7.5. will it be gay to drive unless dragging. so a td04 would be a better option?

churcherj

Member +
are big kits worth it. obv big power but if it don't spool till 5 n redline bout 7.5. will it be gay to drive unless dragging. so a td04 would be a better option?

as said for the road the td04 in my opinion is the best kit as you get good spool up exiting bends etc and not hurrendous lag, particualry if you have not headwork to make the bigger turbos spool earlier....

td04 on a forged block will produce around 270bhp at 1.4 bar and will spool early, will be a very well setup car for the road and will easily keep up with "or" outpace any bigger turboed glanza due to the fact the turbo will be more effective earlier when it counts..

its all up to what you wana achieve tho, a good road car or an absolute monster with a huge turbo but doesnt boost until 5k and until redline.