will blitz boost controller cure ct9 boost creep?

i know your all sick of boost creep threads but it is the major thorn in alot of this sites members running internal wastegates!
and i was just wondering would a good boost controller like a blitz type s cure my boost creep issues!?

ive got 0.1-0.2bar creep with or without efi pipe it seems the manifold and decat are the culprits and yes i do have a hks actuator!

and peoples experiences with boost controllers curing/not curing theyre boost creep and which boost controllers used?

thanks
dave

Texx

Super Moderator
Boost creep occurs because the wastegate isn't large enough to be able to bleed enough exhaust gases away from the turbine wheel to slow the turbo down. This causes the turbine wheel to keep on spinning and so the turbo carries on producing more and more boost until either the throttle is closed, the ECU cuts fuel or the engine goes bang.

The only true way to eliminate boost creep is to have a larger wastegate that will allow enough air to be bled away from the turbine wheel. This can sometimes be achieved by enlarging the turbos internal wastegate or the most effective way is to replace the manifold with one that supports an external wastegate.

You can bolt on as many additional parts as you like to try and control this uncontrollable boost, but in my opinion you'll just be wasting your time and money. My CT9a with a ported wastegate will hold 0.8bar without showing any hint of boost creep, even when outside temperatures are well below freezing.

thanks for reply rep added!
ya if i could go back my first mod would be a power up external wastegate kit!
ill have to get my wastegate prted by someone who knows what theyre doin?
but i herd wastegates can be rusty and dodgy to port?
and when i am running 1bar /1.1bar can theyre be much boost creep at that high pressure?

Texx

Super Moderator
when i am running 1bar /1.1bar can theyre be much boost creep at that high pressure?

As you increase boost pressure, the amount of exhaust gas that needs to bypass the turbine wheel via the wastegate is reduced. The wastegate will need to be of a larger size to be able to maintain 0.8bar than what it would need to be to maintain 1.1bar. So as you increase boost pressure, boost creep becomes less of a problem.

thanks again texx your a fountain of knowledge:)
ill get an ebc as i need one for mapping the car anyway!
and il see how much creep is to be had at 1bar-1,1bar!