Will burning oil from turbo damage car

Hello I've noticed about 1 month ago that my car is blowing blue smoke only on tick over. And only some times on tick over. I know a seal will be gone on turbo. But as the weeks go on I've noticed more and more blue smoke as I guess turbo gets worse. And week by week the car is feeling that little bit slower. Is this because its burning oil and engine doesn't like to burn oil. It likes fuel. I'm getting a new turbo but what affect will it make that engine is burning oil. Ie.. Reduce speed. Wear engine. Etc...

Thanks

mickyboy

Member +
If the turbo has gone then the oil burns via the exhaust turbin it could well be that your Piston Ring Turbin End has worn so the oil is bypassing and entering the exhaust turbin so burning the oil off!

There is two seals on a ct9 and if the seal has gone behind the Dynamic steal Plate then that will allow oil into the compressor hoseing and again will burn oil also the air carnt be compressed in the comprressor houseing because it no longer has a good air tight seal so you can lose abit of power! Hope this helps just keep an eye on your oil to be on the safe side :)

Ohh and no it wont damage the engine aslong as you keep an eye on your oil

Last edited:

wildchild

Member +
The turbo can go really bad and it can explode, and pieces can get inside of your engine.

it wont explode watsoever mate. the fins can get damaged due to non alignment & rubbing on the housing due to worn seals and bearings and this can shatter the fins at high speeds which will send all the bits in through the inlet and damage the pistons, cylinder head and bore.

AdamB

Member +
Burning oil on the inlet side is bad, as it reduces the knock properties of the fuel, causing loss of power and probably detonation, which we all know to be an engine killer.

Skalabala

Member +
it wont explode watsoever mate. the fins can get damaged due to non alignment & rubbing on the housing due to worn seals and bearings and this can shatter the fins at high speeds which will send all the bits in through the inlet and damage the pistons, cylinder head and bore.

This is what I mend :)

F4kus

Member +
if you are burning lots of oil keep an eye on your dip stick

Very serious point! Surprising how much oil can dissappear...As everyone knows lack of oil in your engine makes things very expensive!!
(Bottom end went on one of my cars (Also my Starlet when I got it had already had the same fate))