will fuckered back shocks dsamge anything else?

hi huys im pretty sure my back shcks are gone cause theres a bang fom the back of the car if i hit a bad bump and the back of the car looks a bit lower than the front!

just wondering will this banging do any damage till i get coilovers later in the year?

maybe im wrong but dont think its catchin tyres will i jus ranout and checked tyres and no obvious signs of tyre wear! and ive its been like this for 5-8000miles

where did you get that from

its just will be a crap ride and handle bad

the fucking thing handles like a boeing 747 anyway:haha: and im pretty sure its on cut springs so coilovers are on the way towards the end of the year just want to know will it be ok to leave it like this without doing damage

AzE_B

Member +
if its the spring you need to check that its safe and not guna dig in the tyre or somthink

if its just the shock absorber its not guna damage anythink else

Heggers

Lifer
if its the spring you need to check that its safe and not guna dig in the tyre or somthink

x2 had my tyres done recently and there was no irregular tyre wear. all of my shocks were majorly leaking

If a shock isnt working correctly then the tyre could be absorbing most bumps and not running true as the shock isnt moving correctly thus causing uneven wear.

Mercedes c class on the rear are bad for this when the shocks go.

Lawrence

Member +
Lol i would be very carefull driving with damaged shocks one of mine had completly gone a while ago on the back and it makes it very bouncy and if you drive fairly hard around corners you could easly lose traction and have an accident. But if its makeing a knocking noise it more likely your spring has broke. But if urs springs are cut its probly come out the housing bit as when they cut they dont fit propely.

ep82lunacy

Member +
Im not sure but I think I might have a spare set of shocks somewhere not sure.. might have been thrown out.. you can borrow them if youre awful worried bout it.. id give them to ya but i need them for test.:p