will my 75mm wiseco fit into my block

GI BOY

Member +
need abit of help please ive a set of wiseco pistons 75mm i can get a block that was running wossner 75mm pistons in it thing is will the 75mm wisceo pistons be ok to fit in block.with just a honing mybe?

nutta

Member +
take both pistons into a machine shop and they will measure both pistons and tell you if its safe to use mate

Rory

Lifer
Depends on the bores being within tolerance after honing.

Remember each piston manufacturer has diffirent sizes for there particular piston.
Check the wossner and wiseco piston sheets and compare them.

Rory

Lifer
Please dont do the below.
The machine shop will ask for the spec sheet for boring and honing sizes.

take both pistons into a machine shop and they will measure both pistons and tell you if its safe to use mate

nutta

Member +

what if he hasnt got the spec sheet?? they can check the size of the bore on the block and check the piston size to see if there ok.

GI BOY

Member +

dont have the sheets the block was bored out for the wossner pistons about 2 months ago but im thinking of putting wiseco 10cc in now to run more boost

Rory

Lifer
Please you really dont know what your saying.
You will need spec sheets, just because the pistons are the same size, it does not mean they will pop straight into another piston manufactures sized bore!!

what if he hasnt got the spec sheet?? they can check the size of the bore on the block and check the piston size to see if there ok.

You can get the sheets from the net, go look.
How did your machine shop know what size the bores had to be?

dont have the sheets the block was bored out for the wossner pistons about 2 months ago but im thinking of putting wiseco 10cc in now to run more boost

GI BOY

Member +
You will need spec sheets, just because the pistons are the same size, it does not mean they will pop straight into another piston manufactures sized bore!!

i got rid of the box the wossner pistons were in:mad:

Rory

Lifer
Get onto the wiseco webpage and print the spec sheet off.
Then measure the bores in your block and see if they will work.

Simple.

Mikey4410

Member +
The wossner clearance is 0.07mm,i am sure of this as i have jus finished my forged lump. The ring gap on them is 12thou.

Shorty

Member +
I dont see the issue in just taking the pistons into the machine shop and having it measured and checked and if needed bored, my local machine shop has no issues doing it, they did it for me when i built my 1330 mini engine ;)

nutta

Member +

So your telling me a good engine builder cannot build an engine without a piece of paper? im pretty sure they will know what to do mate

nutta

Member +
I dont see the issue in just taking the pistons into the machine shop and having it measured and checked and if needed bored, my local machine shop has no issues doing it, they did it for me when i built my 1330 mini engine ;)

exactly

Bazza

Member +
So your telling me a good engine builder cannot build an engine without a piece of paper? im pretty sure they will know what to do mate

Rory isn't saying that at all what he is saying is that different types of pistons from different manufactorers have different bores, so will not just drop straight in because they are the same size!

Rory

Lifer
A machine shop cant just pull sizes out of thin air!!
I work in a machine shop, and customers have to specify sizes.

Diffirent manufacturers use diffirent materials for there pistons, which will incurr diffirent expansion and contraction rates etc.

Shorty, how many a-series engine had the machine shop done before, there done all the time, and sizes are a know thing.

But for a turbo charged car the bores have to be perfect, as the heat generated is far more than a wheezie N/A

Rory

Lifer
You really dont know what your talking about at all.
How can you bore a block to a certain size if the machine shop does not know the size of the piston to wall clerance?

Wait a minute im not going any further with you, i might actually teach you something.

Seriously your going to make yourself look stupid....

Rory

Lifer
Rory isn't saying that at all what he is saying is that different types of pistons from different manufactorers have different bores, so will not just drop straight in because they are the same size!

its there fault if it goes wrong, but if they have used all the clearances from data sheet its not there problem.

rorys right

People with common sense and not there heads in the clouds with cheque books....

nutta

Member +

i know yeah, but im sure they can find out if they will fit or not