will this set up work tempererly till ecu goes in and mapped :S

dan-gt

Member +
Hi all, I have been gathering parts for my build over last few months or so and now im in 2 minds if it going to run safe while i can get the funds for ecu and mapping. Its the injector part that is new to me :confused: i have been round cars years and no my way around a engine in most aspects but never uprated the injectors before. with the injectors being uprated to 550cc will they need my emanage on to run them :confused:, I will list the spec and any advice will be great regarding them.

Fully forged 5e with high lift cams 1.4 zep gasket
race tech td05 kit with external wastegate
full cat back
blitz id boost controler
sard rrfpv
walbro fuel pump
jam fcd
apexi safc
550cc injectors
mag leads
iredium plugs

Sure i have missed a few things but you get the idea of situation. Will basicly look at setting the car up to run around 1.4 bar untill ecu and turn her up to around 1.7bar.

Let me no your thoughts guys i no this is not the "ideal set up without ecu" but its what i have at moment and HAVE to get car back on road asap.

cheers

Last edited:

Joelean

Member +
Just my opinion man, theirs a ton of people on here with more knowledge than me but I would say that amount of boost without even seeing the afr's at very least, is gong to be problematic. Either way too rich could wash the bores to lean is gonna kill it with det etc, I would say that after building up an engine like that I would wait an get e-mamage or the like before driving hard on boost at that pressure. Like I said I'm sure more people on here can elaborate with more expertise than me. Give your local tuner a ring, and get their advice. Cheers joel

GI BOY

Member +
Did you run the engine in? and that boost is crazy id say leave it around .5 bar if possible.. you will cause alot of damage if you run that boost not mapped

dan-gt

Member +
Did you run the engine in? and that boost is crazy id say leave it around .5 bar if possible.. you will cause alot of damage if you run that boost not mapped

Yes engine has been fully run in, and the fueling will all be adjusted on rrfpv and safc on the rolling road

Joelean

Member +
cool, so obviously dyno operator will be monitoring the AFR in a controlled environment. what were their opinions on boosting to 1.4 without adjustments on timing?

AdamB

Member +
I wouldn't run that boost pressure on an un-mapped engine. I wouldn't run no more than 0.6 bar.
Pretty sure I see somewhere that the emanage can't control injector duty cycle? or to a certain extent, so you may even have to go for a full standalone unit. Someone with more knowledge might be able to enlighten you on this though.

Joelean

Member +
Emanage can deal with considerably larger injectors, the "Injector Size Correction" feature
allows it to trim across the board--within its ability to 150% oversize. Seen plenty of members running 1.4 bar on td04 setuos using emb as a tu ing solution. But that's not 1.7 bar........