window motor problem ..

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
Right on my gt the window does not move up or down,
I have tooken the door panel off and have a look but i dont know what to do look out for. When you press the button to make the window go down you can hear the motor working sounds like its not griping.

its the driver side, Another member said somethink about a pin might off came out ? can someone share some light on this

reps for the help

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Have you taken it out and tryed it???

Driver's side is notorious for breaking, just hav to get anouther one...

If you cant find one from a GT one from a hilux will work you just need to change the plug's over...

sanchez

Member +
Im in the same boat mate, my drivers stopped working ages ago now my pass has started to stop lol

Try changing the motor mate, if not that then maybe change the whole sliding mechanism as i noticed mine looking a little worse for wear :)

Sigma

Member +
Have you taken it out and tryed it???

Driver's side is notorious for breaking, just hav to get anouther one...

If you cant find one from a GT one from a hilux will work you just need to change the plug's over...

Is the one from the Hilux the identical product, apart from the plug?

Or is it just the motor which is the same?

Thanks, Tommy

TomS

Lifer
Same thing happened to mine two weeks ago i took the motor out and propped the window up with two pieces of timber insode the door, not ideal i know but i'll keep the rain out until i can sort a new motor.

This is the second driver side window motor that's died on me, it's a shame nobody sells reconditioned ones for the starlet as toyota are asking about €250 a piece for them

Stulet-GTT

Member +
Is the one from the Hilux the identical product, apart from the plug?

Or is it just the motor which is the same?

Thanks, Tommy

Yes it is, i seen one on ebay and i asked the seller to take a pic of both side's and it was the same...

There are a few on ebay going for between £30 - £50...

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
i was thinking on geting the winder the one you do by hand for the gt could this be done ?.

The motor is still working i can hear it spining but its not moveing no where what should i look out for ?

Sigma

Member +
Yes it is, i seen one on ebay and i asked the seller to take a pic of both side's and it was the same...

There are a few on ebay going for between £30 - £50...

Brilliant!

That little piece of information needs adding to the useful info page!