Wont start 95 epb2 gt

kearnsy gt

Member +
i bought dis car 2weeks ago and was driving everyday up till last wednsday as i parked it up as i drive a bike aswell
i went out dismorning to take it for a run and it wont start
battery power is good and starter and engine r turnning
but its not fireing up
as anyone any sugestions what the problem could be
and what i should be checking etc ???
thanks

Ted

Member +
probably simple electrical issue, check leads, especially king lead, dodgy earths cause bad starting too. check all fuses incl under bonnet.

kearnsy gt

Member +
ok ive checked plugs ,plug leads ,dizzy .rota,fuses, ive even poped of cam belt cover and checked cam belt .
my sires oil pressure gauge is flashing warning . anyone any ideas as what problem could b? the car was driveing fine on wednsday

dark_knight

Member +
oil light?

so initially when you were cranking/trying to start, was your oil light throwing a fit then..? :) ..or was this a more recent development..?
also, when you are cranking, does the engine sound/feel like it's starting but then dying off again or it's just cranking over & over again without any effort to even rough idle..?

kearnsy gt

Member +
rite wen i turn reds on the oil pressure gauge beeps warning . and engine is just cranking over and over wit no sign of idle

kearnsy gt

Member +
Iv tried to start the car again . Then i took out a spark plug and noticed it wet wit petrol . So i removed them all and same thing . I popd of the dizzy cap and to give an idea mine looks like the picture of a dizzy cap under "badger project" in jays garage ! I never checked for a spark i will do wen i get back to it . Bt im hopeing its just a dizzy cap and rota replacement and sum new plugs ! But it stil doesnt explain my oil pressure gauge flashn warning wen i turn on ignition ? ? Any ideas what wud b the problem there !