Worth the asking price?

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
Been looking for a fresh Glanza V for a while now. Came accross this one and have been to view it. It seems in very good condition from what i saw and the seller says he will take £3500 for the car. Here is the add off PistonHeads: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2346117.htm

Do you think im paying a fair price here or is it a little steep?

Thanks, Jamie.

wesgt

Lifer
Been looking for a fresh Glanza V for a while now. Came accross this one and have been to view it. It seems in very good condition from what i saw and the seller says he will take £3500 for the car. Here is the add off PistonHeads: http://www.pistonheads.co.uk/sales/2346117.htm

Do you think im paying a fair price here or is it a little steep?

Thanks, Jamie.

i should sell some cars in the uk, i'd buy 2 of them here for that! seems a bit much even for the uk though

dac69er

Super Moderator
if it is as good as it looks then i would go for it. how is the interior and engine bay?

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
The interior is 'mint' and the engine bay is very tidy aswell. The only thing is, i dont think its had a cambelt change. How much would i be paying to get this done if i did get this car?

dac69er

Super Moderator
The interior is 'mint' and the engine bay is very tidy aswell. The only thing is, i dont think its had a cambelt change. How much would i be paying to get this done if i did get this car?

not sure mate. the belt on its own is around £20, the kits start from about £40. not sure on labour as i would rather saw off my testicles than pay a garage to do any work on my car ;)

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
not sure mate. the belt on its own is around £20, the kits start from about £40. not sure on labour as i would rather saw off my testicles than pay a garage to do any work on my car ;)

I'd love to be able to do my own work on my own car i just dont have the mechanical knowledge :( I think i may go for this car then aslong as another, better priced comes along! Anybody else know how much a cambelt change will cost on a Glanza?

kellygt

Member +
Glanza's seem to be after getting very popular in the Uk, hence the price hikes the same thing happened in Ireland years ago when they were really popular and this drove the prices through the roof, theres no doubting that this is a very clean car but you should try and get the price down if your interested in it

mickyboy

Member +
I was going to buy this car, the lowers he would take was 3.5k which i thought was a good price for a very clean glanza as they are getting hard to come by these days.

durmz

Member +
It is clean but 3500 is alot for a 96 glanza really, depends what you want i supppooossee

DaveEG

Member +
I paid £3500 for my 98 but it has more miles than that one, I would be happy to pay that price for it, looks very tidy indeed I say go for it, you won't regret it in the long run as the condition will reflect on the money you can sell it for later on...

wesgt

Lifer
ok i gotta say it, thats crazy money, i know its a different country and all that, but when cars were mad money here we went to the uk, nothing stopping you lads doing the same and coming here, you'd get a 99 for that price here!!! or 2 96's if thats what you want, low mileage is nice but who says its genuine, once a car is looked after thats the main thing!
http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/cars/1793720 theres a 99 for like 3k pounds, flight to ireland, 30pounds, ferry home 90pounds or so, its a no brainer.

i'm sure i'm gonna get uk lads jumping down my throat now, but if your happy to get raped fire ahead, but imo thats a crazy price.

Hazzagray

Member +
I agree with you Wes.

I paid £2800 for my last V (97) and that was mint, but you guys have lots and lots over there that are cheap and good! You could even ask one of the Irish guys to view it for you!

I swear there was a really clean one in the for sale section?

I would only buy off one of the guys on here now, you can usually trace the history plus all you lot are sound! Aparrt from Stavros, He's a pervert!

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
Cheers for all the replys! It seems a lot of people are thinking the same thing, price is too high. I do keep on looking on the 'cars for sale' section on here but nothing is in my price range (£3500 max). Has anyone got any websites that have glanzas for sale in ireland then?

wesgt

Lifer
Cheers for all the replys! It seems a lot of people are thinking the same thing, price is too high. I do keep on looking on the 'cars for sale' section on here but nothing is in my price range (£3500 max). Has anyone got any websites that have glanzas for sale in ireland then?

www.donedeal.ie is the best, be careful though, there will be lots of shitters too! if you find anything stick up an info wanted thread, someone is bound to know the car and be happy to view it for you

N80Jamie

Fresh Recruit
www.donedeal.ie is the best, be careful though, there will be lots of shitters too! if you find anything stick up an info wanted thread, someone is bound to know the car and be happy to view it for you

Ill have a look on there after college then! Ye if someone could view for me that would be great! Whats the deal with MOT and tax though? Is it all the same in NI? For example, if they say it has full tax and 'NCT' does this mean if i bring it to England i wont have to do anything to get it on the road?

wesgt

Lifer
Ill have a look on there after college then! Ye if someone could view for me that would be great! Whats the deal with MOT and tax though? Is it all the same in NI? For example, if they say it has full tax and 'NCT' does this mean if i bring it to England i wont have to do anything to get it on the road?

ell it will have to be changed to uk reg and our tax is no good, it will have to be taxed in the uk. also, with the nct, it depends when it was done, if it was just nct'd then it should pass an mot, but if it was nct'd months ago then who knows what could have happened in the meantime and it may need something for the mot.
but if you find something i'm sure whoever views it will give it a good going over!