wtk using 5efe exhaust manifold...

A172

Member +
I've been doing some searching on the forums and haven't been getting much info on using the 5efe manifold on the 4efte....

seems like porting the stock one is the usual route...

anyone could share any info on this or link me to threads where it may have been discussed before?

Thanks a lot.

fastglanza

Member +
porting the stock 4e mani helps somewhat but be prepared for it to crack faster and most WI islands from what i see dont have a lot of starlet parts..

the 5e mani i tink there is a long and a short one and u chop off the bottom flange then weld on a flange to suit turbo choice..i've even seen a external wastegate installed on top where the runners meet....not sure how strong it would be as it would be mild steel welding on cast iron

hardcoreep's site has more info on the 5e mani also wheelsjamaica.com

A172

Member +
porting the stock 4e mani helps somewhat but be prepared for it to crack faster and most WI islands from what i see dont have a lot of starlet parts..

the 5e mani i tink there is a long and a short one and u chop off the bottom flange then weld on a flange to suit turbo choice..i've even seen a external wastegate installed on top where the runners meet....not sure how strong it would be as it would be mild steel welding on cast iron

hardcoreep's site has more info on the 5e mani also wheelsjamaica.com

yeh that's exactly what I'm talking about....just chopping it and welding on a flange....one of my pals has it done quite a while now and no problems up to this day...

just seems like an easier fix compared to porting the 4efte one and it flows a LOT better...