Help me gurus

ee90adict

Fresh Recruit
My car had an occasional white smoke coming out from its muffler i do have an oil catch can and my pcv valve is brand new

What are some symptoms that what causes the smoke is my turbine or the valve seal? I cannot figure out whats wrong with it im confused

ee90adict

Fresh Recruit
White smoke is steam, indicates water is being burnt. Does it do it on start up from cold?

Theres no smoke when in start up adam i noticed too the water from the reserve coolant was lost so where did it go? I always fill the reserve coolant full then after for about 2 hrs run its already half

Rev

Member +
Some other suggestions would be the two may be unrelated - occasional white smoke does not equal losing half coolant reserve tank in 2 hrs.

If you are low on oil , coolant can get very hot and leak out of a weak point on coolant pipes etc. If pipes are ok see above comments. ( if you run coloured and sented coolant you should be able to locate a leak. )

Occasional white smoke is usually humidity condensing in the exhaust , slow head gasket leak or water of combustion. With your location I would say humidity.
Check when it happens eg after rain.

.....Unless you have a slow gasket leak at low revs that becomes a faster one at higher revs.

Last edited:

4efteboost

Member +
like others have said get a compression test done, with the amount of coolant you are loosing and the amount of white smoke its pointing towards headgasket

ee90adict

Fresh Recruit
yes i will and i think its also because of my valve seal we pulled out the turbine and it is still in owesome shape no oil at all

ee90adict

Fresh Recruit
took out the head the valve seals are like stones and hard already and the hole is bigger i guess thats the end of my confusion on that smoke it needs to be replaced as well as the head gasket

ee90adict

Fresh Recruit
Replaced valve seal and head gasket no oil in turbine still producing white smoke like fumigation! What seems to be the problem?