£1500 question

Evo

Member +
What engine management system would you buy for £1500.

Advice from people who have used a few different systems would be ideal.

Currently i'm looking at:

Apexi Power FC
Emanage Ultimate
Link Storm G4

I'll be running over 1.5 bar and may change the turbo a few times till i get what i'm after.

Spec of car is as follows:

4EFTE
Ross 5cc dished pistons
Pauter rods
Balanced crank
ACL bearings
ARP conrod bolts
ARP headbolts
1.2mm Cruise headgasket
ported and polished head
265 degree cams
Cruise valve springs
Custom manifold
Custom downpipe
Blitz nur spec exhaust system
Custom oil cooler
Custom FMIC
2.5" hard piping throughout
IHI VF39 Turbo
Tial wastegate
Custom filter relocation kit (plenty of cold air)
550cc Sard injectors
Sard fpr

Thanks

Christian

Idrees

Banned
PFC. :D

Look how cheap it is as well. What advantages would the others have to justify costing more than double the amount? :p

Evo

Member +
Ok the hks fcon pro v seems pretty popular

Why would you guys go for this?

What features and qualities has it got over the rest?

Thanks

Chris@CCM

Member +
Ok the hks fcon pro v seems pretty popular

Why would you guys go for this?

What features and qualities has it got over the rest?

Thanks
its by far the best imo 32x32 maps :cool: pfc is only 20x20 its a very very very good ecu pal

It can run multiple maps and also launch control, also uses most of the factory sensors. The way it works in conjuction with the stock ecu gives a car that drives as good as standard but also has more power. Given a choice I would use nothing but. We have one on the S14, drives beautifully :)

Kelly

Member +
Might be worth deciding on who your car is going to be getting mapped with and seeing which ECU that person/company likes working with.

Evo

Member +
Yea i spoke to Thor but they just recommended the Link ECU's because they are a distributor of them. I also spoke to AFR but i think they have a few tuners that work with different car types and ECU's so i probably wouldn't get the same answer each time.

The HKS fcon does sound like a winner so far.

Where's the best place to pick one up?

Thanks for all your help guys.

Idrees

Banned
So does this mean you don't want mine? I would appreciate if you kelp me updated, you even took payment details off me last night?

Evo

Member +
Not necessarily Idrees, i was just talking to someone today who may have scared me off the power FC idea. Very sorry to muck you around if i do change my mind though, just don't wanna make the wrong decision with that much money.