0-62mph/100kmh times?

GT_Irl

Member +
Hey guys. I don't wanna get into an argument about the relevance of this (completely irrelavant I know!!:p), im just curious if any of the bigger power starlets on here have clocked theirs. Just wonderin what kind of times you can get with a big power starlet?! Kinda hopin Kon can shed some light on this, considerin some of the animal starlets in Malta (inc his own!:))

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I think i managed a 6.4/6.5 on mine on a dry day well that's what it said on the power meter.

Franza1

Supermoderator & Area Reps Manager
I think that was on my "Crazy" setup running something like 1.2 bar and a TMIC with the coilovers set to the hardest to stop the back from bogging down haven't really done any runs like that since. It's since been dropped to .9 bar and coilovers have been softened to save me from Spinal surgery

Monkfish

Member +
LetsTorqueBHP has the GT rated at 6.9 and the Glanza at 7.2 stock. 180bhp + 860kg's works out at 211bhp/tonne and a 0-60 of 5.5 seconds. This hasn't been proven, but I'd say 6 seconds wouldn't be an unreasonable figure to aim for. Starlets will never pull decent 0-60 figures because they are wrong wheel drive.

An EP85 with a 250bhp+ engine and a hard-as-nails clutch would own though. :D

Si_Glanza

Member +
Your not going to get any good figures from the big power boys as we dont get much traction in lower gears.

when i recorded my speedo it was about 5 theres far too much spinning for a good time. its 60-100mph where its all at ;)

Sigma

Member +
0-60 is always going to be hard due to the traction.

With the huge power Starbo's, as Si's said, its about 40mph+ where it gets fun :)

Monkfish

Member +
With any Starbo's approaching the 200bhp mark, as Si's said, its about 40mph+ where it gets fun :)

QFT ;)

I'm 'only' running just shy of 180bhp, but I don't get any decent power down until I'm in 2nd, or 3rd if it's pissing it down. ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
QFT ;)

I'm 'only' running just shy of 180bhp, but I don't get any decent power down until I'm in 2nd, or 3rd if it's pissing it down. ;)

your not driving it right then monkfish, when i was running 1bar boost with 170 lb/ft torque (the bit that causes wheelspin) and i got very little wheelspin when launching, i got a small bit but nothing to right home about.

in the wet yes, it will just light up

Deano

Banned
mine is about 7.2 secs auto on 8 psi with a few mods or 6.5 secs on 12 psi (warm night) cold nights it's even lower :rockon:

J

jakeGT

6.5 seconds in an auto at 12psi?chatting it yeah?what turbo do you have then a k24?k26?td04?