02 rant

davehart

Member +
It's about that time where my 18th month contract ends and I start looking for a new phone.

What cheeses me off about 02 is they do not notified you its ended like a few companies I have in the past and offer you an upgrade. The upgrades they do offer are ridicules as I can get the same tariff on another network cheaper than the upgrade package they are offering!

And to top it off trying to cancel your contract is a bloody nightmare, ringing them up results in a conversation with five chocolate faces from Bombay who can't speak a bloody word of English and seem to have a fetish with the word 'deal'.

So, I've wrote them a letter to cancel and on the hunt for a new mobile phone and taffif, any suiggestion on hadset would be very welcome.

Quite fancy a iPhone 3GS but the only thing that puts me off is the touch screen only option.

lingl9z

Member +
you'll get use to touch screen pretty quickly mate, took me an hour or so, I'd probably go with orange given another chance, If you tell o2 your thinking of going to orange/vodaphone they usually get pissed and offer you a better price? did for me anyways!

Jay

Admin
I just made the jump to Virginmobile from O2 today. O2 just are not up for the business, wouldn't/couldn't match the N86 deal I was offered as a new customer to Virgin despite being with them for years.

davehart

Member +
you'll get use to touch screen pretty quickly mate, took me an hour or so, I'd probably go with orange given another chance, If you tell o2 your thinking of going to orange/vodaphone they usually get pissed and offer you a better price? did for me anyways!

There customer service network is like musical chairs I've found, get passed from one department to another.

Whats that N86 like Jay?

gedis

Member +
o2 is bad alrite, i got upgrade phone and thei never told me since i get one i comit to another 12 month contract

Jay

Admin
There customer service network is like musical chairs I've found, get passed from one department to another.

Whats that N86 like Jay?

Nice on paper but I'll know better on Saturday mate. Not one of those bloody touchscreens thankfully and still has a 8MP camera. Fingers crossed!

The Virginmobile callcentre chickens are American based I think. The guy I spoke to was a deadringer for Steven Hawking. :haha:

lingl9z

Member +
o2 is slightly gay in the sence that you call up and you can argue for hours with one person and get nowhere, ring up again get someone else and they sort you out in 5 mins.. moral of the story, keep calling and hassling them :D