1 bar boost

scott_glanzav

Member +
i aint touched my boost yet but wen i got my boost gauge fitted it says iam boosting 1 bar all i have is a full exhaust, decat,fcd,an a airfilter,will it still b ok 2 drive r will i have 2 get the correct fueling mods and fmic in it as quick as possible?

dan_ep82

Member +
what make gauge is it? yes u should have fueling mods befor boosting to 1 bar and an fmic is recomended

Timmy

Member +
You really shud disconnect the fcd as the modified signal will becuasing you to run lean. I hope the car hasn't been like this for long or there a possibility you couls already have done some damage.

scott_glanzav

Member +
i had 2 get it fitted the car wuldnt run over 4rpm without it plus the caris running obsolutly 100 an has been i was just baffled on how the boost was so high without it bein touched

scott_glanzav

Member +
i was told by a mechanic that this wuld sort it an it has dun like inno now that i got my boost gauge in that i need 2 do the correct fueling mods becos me car is boostin 1bar just confused why the boost raised so much.

smythy75

Member +
your boost has increased with the decat and exhaust and that, buy a fuel pump and regulator pal, if u need these items gmme a shout!

dac69er

Super Moderator
i was told by a mechanic that this wuld sort it an it has dun like inno now that i got my boost gauge in that i need 2 do the correct fueling mods becos me car is boostin 1bar just confused why the boost raised so much.

if your mechanic told you to do that to cure a problem like that then he is a pleb. go somewhere else.

scott_glanzav

Member +
lol cheers for comments lads getting it sorted just didnt think that those mods wuld raise boost as much but obiously i was wrong lol . cheers

Jay

Admin
You are running above a safe boost level (actually in the danger zone) so get your fuelling checked asap matey. That will tell you what fuelling adjustments need made.

99glanzav

Banned
buy a fuel pump and regulator pal, if u need these items gmme a shout!
LOL why do you reckon he needs a fuel pump??lot of misinfo on this site....

you wont need a fuel pump until you way afetr 180-200hp+ unless your stock one shows signs of givin up

Monty

Member +
your boost has increased with the decat and exhaust and that, buy a fuel pump and regulator pal, if u need these items gmme a shout!

So that means you cant buy an exhaust, de-cat, and manifold without buying fuel management? And what do you need for fuel management? I am planning on a de-cat, mani, and exhaust next so what else will i need to run?

smythy75

Member +
it keeps u rite by buying a fuel pump incase the standard one is kanckered, means its there for sure, keep a good fuel supply for the regulator etc, better for tuning!

glanzaV195

Member +
regarding sorting the problem of your boost, have you checked all the pipes going to the actuator 4 splits or holes(perished)?? as this would act like having a bleed valve, i cant see your boost creeping up to 1 bar from just having those breathing mods, unless you have a hks actuator that was set to just before fuel cut and now with the breathing mods its creeping to 1 bar.??