11.2 @ 124mph + 11.5 @ 121mph

-Harry-

Member +
Was a crap start to the weekend here. Started the starlet to discovery the manifold was joined to the turbo by about 1cm of weld. Zuboo and fearless ripped the front of the car off had it off to get welding and we had the car back together in under 3 hours just in time for qualifying. My Gt pulled an 11.2 @ 124mph and another member Tig, just did an 11.5 @ 121mph on mickey thompson street tires. Heres a pic of my slip. I got a vid of one of my runs doing an 11.4 and a vid of Tig's 11.5. Ill put them up when I get them.

25082008045dj3.jpg

Cheers

Harry

PS can we update the leader board now :)

Dane_Bristol

Member +
lol everyone is getting worried about breaking 12s Harry comes along and just raises the bar as always. Well done mate very very fast time indeed !

I suppose he does live in a very hot country wish we could have some nice weather for a1/4 mile day lol.

-Harry-

Member +
11.2, great work!

Think a high 10 is on the cards with more work?

Yeh, setting up the gas to fire off the ecu will help. Its difficult to keep it pointing the right way so i didnt hit the gas till halfway through 2nd then short shifted 2nd too so its definately got more in it. Without a rebuild we wont be able to up the power much more but we;ll see what happens. Ive still got a full 3" exhaust and cat so cutting that off will drop a fair bit of weight and maybe pick up some more power.

Gee

Member +
Cool, nice work!

Was your run on full slicks and what gear do you launch in?

Have you got uprated driveshafts?

-Harry-

Member +
Run was on slicks. After seeing the mickey thompson street tires their almost identical, Im thinking about running them in the series next year in the street tire class. Stock gearbox and stock driveshafts that were in the car when I bought it 5 years ago and 100 launchs ago. Toyota tough.:rockon:

Gee

Member +
Nice, gives me more confidance in the shafts! A lot of people complain on how thin they are and probably wont last with big power + launches.

Do you launch in 1st gear?

-Harry-

Member +
Nice, gives me more confidance in the shafts! A lot of people complain on how thin they are and probably wont last with big power + launches.

Do you launch in 1st gear?

Yep 1st....not much traction though.

They are very thin. If youve ever pulled one apart the ep82 shafts actually step down to the same size as the ep91 shaft which youd think would create a weak point. Id say im getting clos eto a full rotation of flex with them and thats why their not breaking. Slicks is also kinder to shafts than semi's.

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
thats an awesome time harry!

looks like we need to shave off another 0.2 to get back in front lol!

congrats mate! a very well deserved time!

kon

bigdoods

Member +
Run was on slicks. After seeing the mickey thompson street tires their almost identical, Im thinking about running them in the series next year in the street tire class. Stock gearbox and stock driveshafts that were in the car when I bought it 5 years ago and 100 launchs ago. Toyota tough.:rockon:

Golden VTR-Theres your answer to stock driveshafts:)