18" alloys will they fit?

mushy

Member +
hi i have a 92 gt which is lowered 40mm and i would like to know if i can get 18" alloys to fit without doing any mods? has any one on here got 18" wheels fitted to there gt?

mushy

Member +
the reason i am asking is i have been offered so really nice alloys with brands new tyres so i thought i would stick them on the car just for summer.

gv1.3

Admin
well you could try them but they will look too big, screw up your handling and make your car go slower...

Why not post a wanted thread in our wanted section and get some nice 15's

mushy

Member +
well you could try them but they will look too big, screw up your handling and make your car go slower...

Why not post a wanted thread in our wanted section and get some nice 15's

ya i know they will slow me down and i also have a set of 15" alloys on my car at the moment.

supernova

Member +
Tbh, anything bigger than 15s on a starlet is a no no for me. And i don't think 18s will even fit unless your get waffer thin tyres... Keep the 15s even if they look alot crapper than the 18s!

gv1.3

Admin
well my car is dropped about that much all round and the 15's I have are right up to the arches... so I dont think 18s will go on.

Toby@ToyTuning.com

Banned - DO NOT BUY FROM TOYTUNING
You may be able to get them on but they really will hamper performance, it's a huge amount of weight to carry around these cars are all about power to weight ratio, even if someone offered to give me some 18inch Volks split rims I wouldn't put them on. 16's max although 15's are more than you will ever need in all honesty.

Go for 14's if you really want to have some fun!

T

mushy

Member +
ok thanks for the advise guys i will stick with the 15"s but if the 18"s fit i will take some pictures and put them up so you can see how it looks cheers.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
Enzo had 18's fitted at some point and it looking bloody awesome, but only his car could carry it off i think.

15's for the win :)

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
any pictures of his car

i'm sure he won't mind me posting this :)

P1000074.jpg

P1000111.jpg

the latest pics of his car show it on 15's again.....

Dan3SGTE

Member +
My preference is 16's..... Currently running 16's up front and 15's on the rear.... I think most 15's look too small on the starlet., some carry it off very well though i must admit.... 16's look just right i think.....

ALthough i have to admit those 18's on Enzos motor look the shizzle