19 year old quote's!

chris-glanza

Fresh Recruit
hi guys. just put a deposit down on a glanza v. looking at get insurance, called round everywhere listed on this site and no joy. best quote is about £2200. im 19 with 1ncb. how come i see other owners geting much better quotes than i have.

also i had a thort. somone i know in my area owns a renalt 5 turbo but has only insured it as a regula non-turbo. he got stop by police, thay asked for proof of insurance, stated on his policy had a non-turbo renalt, looked and read fine. thay let him go. is this possilbe ?

tom_hunt

Member +
also i had a thort. somone i know in my area owns a renalt 5 turbo but has only insured it as a regula non-turbo. he got stop by police, thay asked for proof of insurance, stated on his policy had a non-turbo renalt, looked and read fine. thay let him go. is this possilbe ?

Dont do that!!

Have you tried Warwick Davis? When I was 19 they gave me a quote of £2000but at the time I could aford to do that.

Tom

Starlet_Sam

Moderator, Regional Area Reps Supervisor & Gay Car

Yeah do that, come back in a few years when you get your licence back.

ChrisW

Lifer
Been there and got the T-shirt mate! I'm 99% sure that all members on here who are 19 dont pay much less than £2000. If they do then Im fairly confident that it is not listed entirely as it should be. This is why I ended up with a GT, had my heart set on a black Glanza that I found but I had to pull out because insurance for me was an absolute nightmare on it. You might have to settle for something around the £2000.

My GT cost me £1300 with Admiral and I was 19, 1 yr ncb and also had most mods named. At the time these were bodykit, non-standard exhaust/manifold, air filters and suspension.

ChrisGT

Member +
Its because its a Glanza, I currently pay £1400 Fully Comp for my GT, and just got another quote with 19yr olds, 2yr NCB (which is what I'll have in July) with Elephant and it was £850. So hopefully my renewal should be about that! Just have to keep trying mate!

Jules-B

Member +
i got a renewal from elephant for my golf that was a run around, and phone for a price on the glanza, explained to her that it was the same as a gt turbo, just a facelift called glanza, she then said that when i get the registration number they will be able to insure it...so fingers crossed for me#!

Adam_Glanza

Member +
tried the same with bell twice, and they said that if its not on there books they cant do it lol, but who bloody knows!!

they make it up as they go along lol.

just keep trying and trying and eventually youll get a nugget mate

markeybhoy

Member +
norwich union do temporary short term insurance. 1-28days, a glanza is 135 for 28days, just run on that, will cost you about 1600 in total for the year. no no claims built up though and i dont even know if its possible to do it lol

h3ppy

Member +
im 20, driving for 3 years, 1 years no claims, 6 points and had to resit my test...... £975 fully comp!! with admiral on a 93 gt wit mods declared!

shop around mate, you will get better im sure.