1990 starlet suspension

thomllee1981

Member +
does anyone know if there is a difference between uk suspension and jap suspension?

plus also i as you can see mine is a 1990 and all the suspension sets i seam to be able to find are post 1992 does that matter?

also is it the same suspension on an ep82 and an ep91?

cheers

tom

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm afraid seed is wrong. when i was looking for suspension for my car i was told

ep82 suspension is the same after 1992.

you have the early suspension, have a word with the traders about what suspension they can supply you.

Last edited:

thomllee1981

Member +
so because mines pre 92 i have different suspension type?

anyone know where i can get some from as am struggling to find any

sx_turbo

Lifer
so because mines pre 92 i have different suspension type?

anyone know where i can get some from as am struggling to find any

yes i beleive you have the early type suspension, which i beleive has 3 studs in the turret, instead of 4 studs. i may be wrong.

speak to the traders on here fella, i recomend toby or dave burwash

sx_turbo

Lifer
i stand corrected looks like they are the same, when i was looking i was definately told the early ones were different obviously not, and i apoligise for giving false information.

thomllee1981

Member +
thanks guys will go check with with a trader and see what they is a good option to replace what i can only assume is origanal parts as the rest of the car seems to be stock as far as i can tell!

thomllee1981

Member +
still at a loss with this lads! ooh and ladies dont want to upset anyone now do i being new and all!

help me out here please!

hardcoreep

Member +
The newer suspension is compatible with the older cars, so EP91 will fit downwards. However the EP91 shocks are different and won't fit into the EP82 strut mounts, so you have to swap everything over.

thomllee1981

Member +
i aint no mechanic i just crash cars! and trash the engines to death! i can even kill turbo diesels in under 20000miles! oh yes bent the con rod on me dads can whilest waiting to get mine!

have you checked out the photos higher up they seem to sujest ive got the same setup according to other before but im still not sure

Pumba_GT

Member +
Speaking from my experience of owning both the EP91 and EP82, the suspensionfrom either models will fit to the both models. The only difference is that on Glanza, the front suspension top mount has 3 studs but the EP82 has 4 studs, however, the Glanza has an additional hole which is left empty at where the top mount is bolted at. It means that if you buy the EP91 suspension for EP82, either you swap their top mounts (for 4 studs), or leave it bolted at 3 studs each side. On the other way round, if you buy the EP82 suspension for the EP91, it fits straight into the bracket without changing their top mounts. The rear is the same in my opinion.

Pumba_GT

Member +
See the attached pic from a Glanza V. The "hole" is left empty with the other 3 studs from the top mount at each side.
suspension.jpg

thomllee1981

Member +
cheers pumba!
so its just grab any old suspesion and whack in then i guess!

anyone know if uk suspesion fits the jap imports?
as i aint got a clue if you can get a uk ep 82/ep91?