1st and 2nd gear boost - Glanza V

ady_glanza

Member +
Hello all

I know this may be a bit of a silly question, as far as i know the boost in 1st and 2nd gear is restricted, (My glanza V is fully standard with no mods at all)

Does this mean that they should be running the same amount of boost whether you are running on low or high boost.

I've tried it in both low and high and it seems quicker on high, however if it is restricted then shouldn't they both be the same.

How much of a difference does it make if the restriction is taken off and does that affect both low and high boost?

Let me know what you think?

Thanks

CMR

Member +
With the restriction in, high and low does have a difference in 1st and 2nd.. well 2nd definitely... I imagine 1st does too but its probably minimal

When the restriction is taken off its almost a different car tbh, however it removes the low boost function so you run in high mode all the time. It also adds 1-2 psi to all gears too.

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
Hello all

I know this may be a bit of a silly question, as far as i know the boost in 1st and 2nd gear is restricted, (My glanza V is fully standard with no mods at all)

Does this mean that they should be running the same amount of boost whether you are running on low or high boost.

I've tried it in both low and high and it seems quicker on high, however if it is restricted then shouldn't they both be the same.

How much of a difference does it make if the restriction is taken off and does that affect both low and high boost?

Let me know what you think?

This is because your Glanza has been de limited and speedo converted by a small gearbox on top of the gearbox on the speedo cable end.
It will now only light up to the second boost light in 1st and 2nd gear.
Only way around this is to by pass the Hi/ low boost by swapping over 2 pipes and being constantly in high boost all the time:).
On the plus side your car is delimited and not restricted to 112mph.:)

ady_glanza

Member +
With the restriction in, high and low does have a difference in 1st and 2nd.. well 2nd definitely... I imagine 1st does too but its probably minimal

When the restriction is taken off its almost a different car tbh, however it removes the low boost function so you run in high mode all the time. It also adds 1-2 psi to all gears too.

Any idea on how quicker is from 0 -60mph compared to destriction.
Thanks

Jay

Admin
2 minutes to do.

2 minutes to undo.

Try it for yourself mate. It will bring a smile to your face. ;)

CMR

Member +
This is because your Glanza has been de limited and speedo converted by a small gearbox on top of the gearbox on the speedo cable end.
It will now only light up to the second boost light in 1st and 2nd gear.
Only way around this is to by pass the Hi/ low boost by swapping over 2 pipes and being constantly in high boost all the time:).
On the plus side your car is delimited and not restricted to 112mph.:)

Maybe i missed something here, but whats that got to do with what he asked:confused:

Any idea on how quicker is from 0 -60mph compared to destriction.
Thanks

Couldnt tell you exactly, a Glanza with it bypassed is the same as a standard GT 0-60 I would say.
I think with restriction in its 8.2 0-60 and around 7 with it bypassed?

nottyash

Fresh Recruit
I was just saying what causes it. I dont know how it limits it though unless there is something in the clocks.

addz

Member +
Makes a nice bit of difference for sure.

As stated above, 2 minutes to do & 2 minutes to undo.

Bazza

Member +
thats really weird i can only run high boost but ive still got the speed restricted to 112?

anyone know why this is? :confused:

Bazza

Member +
i think it may be because im having to by pass the boost solinoid if thats how u spell it? :p

because when i bought the car that is wat wrc sales had done so i had to get a new actuator and get it set up by pj motorsport he sed it would be fi ne just to run it threw the actuator.

for a while then get boost controller and go from there.

is that ok or am i damaging my car?

Jay

Admin
The boost restriction and the speed restriction are two different things.

To bypass the 112mph limiter you will need a speedo convertor, HKS SLD, aftermarket ECU, Pivot speed meter, etc.

To bypass the low boost in 1st & 2nd you just need to remove the hi/lo solenoid from the system.

Jay

Admin
Hi mate
i've had a look at the 2 pipes and they seem to be bolted very well, i don't want to end up breaking something.
Thanks

There are no bolts to undo, just tensioned clips on the hose ends. Use a set of pliers/your fingers to undo the pipes and just loop them to bypass the solenoid.

Just like in this thread:

Hi/lo solenoid bypass tutorial

Let us know what you think.

addz

Member +
Hi mate
i've had a look at the 2 pipes and they seem to be bolted very well, i don't want to end up breaking something.
Thanks

For boost restriction follow this.

bayep91.jpg

ady_glanza

Member +
There are no bolts to undo, just tensioned clips on the hose ends. Use a set of pliers/your fingers to undo the pipes and just loop them to bypass the solenoid.

Just like in this thread:

Hi/lo solenoid bypass tutorial

Let us know what you think.

Hi mate
thanks for this
however it states that the car is less economical in low boost, i thought it would be the other way around???
Thanks

Jay

Admin
Hi mate
thanks for this
however it states that the car is less economical in low boost, i thought it would be the other way around???
Thanks

"Contrary to popular opinion it's not a fuel economy influenced feature, it's actually to provide traction in wet, slippery and colder conditions.

Fuel consumption is increased in Low mode as the engine is usually worked much harder due to a lack of boost. Depends on the driver but more often than not the low mode is less economical."