350bhp ish- what tyres

matt walters

Member +
Can anyone recommend me some good tyres as im gonna be running around 350brake.

I was gonna use r888s but don't think they'll last 5 minutes.

The only others i thought of were parada spec 2s. had them before and they seemed really good.

Car is mostly for weekend use and track days. so will only really see nice weather from now on.

Any input repped:)

Thanks

Killamats

Registered Trader <a href="http://www.toyotagtturb
I like Yokohama Parada Spec II and Advan A048, they handle the power well on the road but they aint good for wet surface

Murray

Member +
Any decent sports tyre will do for road use. Power is irrelevent. Its how you drive.
For trackdays etc have a set of 888s.

GP82

Member +
If the car will be used on the weekends only and some trackdays then i would go for a semi slick tyre. A sports tyre will just not cut it with 350hp, you will have trouble making any sort of progress on the road at full chat. My choice of tyre is the Yoko Advan A048 and i highly reccommend it.

BallıGee

Member +
I think size will matter with that sort of power if you want to get it down on the road 7.5j-8j and your gonna need new gas pedal skills
But parada shoes (lol) or semi's

Iain@CRD

Lifer
Any decent sports tyre will do for road use. Power is irrelevent. Its how you drive.
For trackdays etc have a set of 888s.

Cant argue with this.

I found the Parada's outstanding in the dry but the Toyo T1R's better in the wet. I now run Toyo's again after trying the Paradas.

matt walters

Member +
Thanks for all the advice guys. I've got 2 sets of wheels so may keep one set for track days and one for road. gonna try the advans i reckon :)

Rory

Lifer
Have to disagree to an extent, wont cut it at full chat?? How often do you drive on the roads at full chat? Even if its for a weekend blaster and ocasional trackday any good road tyre (Parada's, Toyos etc etc) will cut the mustard.

If the car will be used on the weekends only and some trackdays then i would go for a semi slick tyre. A sports tyre will just not cut it with 350hp, you will have trouble making any sort of progress on the road at full chat. My choice of tyre is the Yoko Advan A048 and i highly reccommend it.

madman

Member +
look into the toyo r-1r, heard good things of them

they are good but will spin up like any other tyre but are 10 times better that a spec II in every way tbh.

#I used Parada spec 2s for daily and on track worked a treat.

they are a soft tyre you should try the r1r next they are a good tyre and actually are very, very good in the wet also i was amazed at how good they were.

GP82

Member +
Have to disagree to an extent, wont cut it at full chat?? How often do you drive on the roads at full chat? Even if its for a weekend blaster and ocasional trackday any good road tyre (Parada's, Toyos etc etc) will cut the mustard.

I hear what your saying, i got to admit the Parada's and the Toyos are really good road going tyres which work really well, but the grip level of the semi slick is much higher comparing to a road tyre.

I also gotta say that wheel size will play a part in how well a high hp fwd car will accelerate hard through the rpm. I have 14 inch wheels and any sort of aggressive acceleration on road tyres, they would jus' loose traction, but with the semi slicks it almost eliminated loss of traction.

steve-gers

Member +
Anyone tried the Federal 595 RSR's at all? I know federal budget tyres are crap but a few people I know have used them for road and track use and they said there every bit a good (if not better) than 888's. There alot cheaper and they wear a hell of a lot better.

starletsy

Member +
Anyone tried the Federal 595 RSR's at all? I know federal budget tyres are crap but a few people I know have used them for road and track use and they said there every bit a good (if not better) than 888's. There alot cheaper and they wear a hell of a lot better.

I've heard good things but supply is a real issue so i was told when i asked you just can't get hold of them.

Rory

Lifer
Indeed a semi slick tyre is better than a "normal" road tyre but the wear on them is twice as fast! :)
Depends on what you want from the car really.
Personally i use Parada's on the road and ocasional track day use, but use R888's at the sprints which will be replaced by Avons.

I hear what your saying, i got to admit the Parada's and the Toyos are really good road going tyres which work really well, but the grip level of the semi slick is much higher comparing to a road tyre.

I also gotta say that wheel size will play a part in how well a high hp fwd car will accelerate hard through the rpm. I have 14 inch wheels and any sort of aggressive acceleration on road tyres, they would jus' loose traction, but with the semi slicks it almost eliminated loss of traction.

malcolmgt

Member +
Cant argue with this.

I found the Parada's outstanding in the dry but the Toyo T1R's better in the wet. I now run Toyo's again after trying the Paradas.

As per this, had paradas and they were absolutely pants in the wet. like asking for death.
now use the toyos and they are brilliant.

Paul_JJ

Member +
A lot of people recommend toyo R1R as a good tyre with decent power. I haven't tried them myself but I know a few people who has and are happy with them. I personally use dunlop sport fast response whcih I found the best tyre for everyday use, but in your case yoi probably try r888 as you drive in good weather conditions only and the tyres are pretty good. Regarding the quick wear any tyre which grips very well will wear out very quickly, so it's your choice.

Jay

Admin
Found the Yokohama Advan Neova's incredible. Came in on the car from Trevor's and make the Prada's feel like budget tyres in comparison. Would love another set but the wallet says not just yet!

Jay