3bar map sensor

gt 4efte

Fresh Recruit
yea, im also wanna know, if there's a 3 bar map sensor,
what will fit straight?, from an mr2 or so,

stefan

Mikey B

Lifer
If you do get a brand new after market one make sure you get the Scale and offset of it so we can calibrate your Power FC to it :) . Dont get a GM "style" one as i had proplems with the one i got off fensport so keep clear of them, made by delco.

Mikey B

Lifer
for the power FC you need a 5V, 3 wire sensor, prolly best you get the MR2 one, there is a way of working out scale and offset if we need to do so but its a pain.

Mikey B

Lifer
Need it so your ECU (standalone ie Power FC emanage Blue) can see over 1.2 bar, altho there is a way of setting power FC so it can use the std map sensor to read more boost but the resolutions not so good on it.

So the standard MR2 one wont work then mikey are they all not fitted with denso's? I only purley wanted it so it would get an accurate reading at 1.5-1.6bar, may just stick with it for ease at the moment untill its running again

dac69er

Super Moderator
Need it so your ECU (standalone ie Power FC emanage Blue) can see over 1.2 bar, altho there is a way of setting power FC so it can use the std map sensor to read more boost but the resolutions not so good on it.

my stock map sensor only reads to about 1.1 bar according to my power fc???

Mikey B

Lifer
mine seems to go to 1.2, im not saying the MR2 one wont work just saying you need to know Scale and offset for the Power FC, you can work it out with a few calculations

dac69er

Super Moderator
mine seems to go to 1.2, im not saying the MR2 one wont work just saying you need to know Scale and offset for the Power FC, you can work it out with a few calculations

but on the power fc it has the ability to just select that mr2 sensor once its fitted. it already has the scale and offset sorted ;)

sx_turbo

Lifer
i'm pretty certain my tuner decided not to fit the GM sensor to mine in the end, and swapped it for a greddy 3bar map sensor, plugs straight in, and you just use the apexi map sensor option