4 wheel drive 4efte starlet

tip

Member +
problems with what exactly?

well i'm from Suriname, when we started with the project a few people told us that we're gonna have problems with the defranger, if we give the car more power, for example a bigger turbo. we just finished the car it's still stock turbo etc.

weeJohn

Lifer
Not sure what you mean by defranger, if its the transmission you mean then its proven to be good up to 350 bhp. A good few about running 250 - 300 for some time without anything breaking.

tip

Member +
Not sure what you mean by defranger, if its the transmission you mean then its proven to be good up to 350 bhp. A good few about running 250 - 300 for some time without anything breaking.

thank you for your info

richglanzav

Member +
check out gaz ep85's blue 4wd starlet mate. its beein running turbos bigger than my head. and nothings broken as yet, unless hes keeping it a secret lol

richglanzav

Member +
yeh lol. think its had just bout everything done to it really, wilwood brakes, forged 5e, massive turbo etc etc. amazing car.

pc18

North West England Area Rep.
check out gaz ep85's blue 4wd starlet mate. its beein running turbos bigger than my head. and nothings broken as yet, unless hes keeping it a secret lol

unfortunatly that car hasnt been on the road for some time now, but the running gear did take the power fine.

dac69er

Super Moderator
i think some of it would be interchangeable, but much of it will not fit.

the standard starlet drivetrain is plenty strong enough

weeJohn

Lifer
i'm not totaly sure but i think the trick is to use the running gear out of the 4wd tercel sedan .?

If that fits a Starlet then I doubt it would be any tougher than the Starlet running gear. You know what Toyota are like, if they make something that is going to be used in several models, they engineer it to suit the highest needs necessary and fit that to everything they need to. They dont care if its over engineered for some models, it makes their production easier.

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
yeah you have to be going some to break it, only problem with it is that ya need atleast a front diff to put the power down, was spinning em up in 3rd from a roll!!!,
so who's gonna weld one up and try it out to see what it's like? lol

weeJohn

Lifer
yeah you have to be going some to break it, only problem with it is that ya need atleast a front diff to put the power down, was spinning em up in 3rd from a roll!!!,
so who's gonna weld one up and try it out to see what it's like? lol

I have a spare gearbox and transfer box coming soon hopefully so I am going to have a good look into it when I do.

tip

Member +
thanks everyone, now i'm gonna safe up for a td04 turbo, headers complete? where can i find a set of used ones? i'm from suriname.

tip

Member +
i have a question, i'm driving free flow and i think my car is going into fuel cut, someone told me the best thing is to finish the exaust,
i'd like to know if it would help if if put an AFC.

another question, a guy with a toyota mark2 wants to drag with me his car has a lot of power, i've seen a few times, i'm driving full stock ct9a with stock headers everything is still stock, do you guys think i can beat him with my 4WD??? if it was possible i'd just drag with the guy to look what my car can really do, but the problem is he wants to drive for $2000, i don't have that much money.

Last edited: