4efte torque specs

obbeah

Fresh Recruit
can anyone help me locate the bearings and cylinder torque specs for the 4efte engine.your help is greatly appreciated

goldenvtr

Member +
torquesettingscompletepm2.jpg

EDIT - damnit Dave! :p

GT_Ben

Member +
I know on some engines its advisable to re-torque the head bolts after initial torqueing once the engine has been up to operating temps after replacing the head gasket, is this advisable with the 4efte?

Planning on running a decent amount of boost and worrying about the head lifting. :(

Thanks
Ben

goldenvtr

Member +
therse no harm in checking the torque settings after some miles have been put on it, but ive not seen anyone on the forum talk of doing this the fact you have to remove the cams to get to the last 2 head bolts maked it a pain in the arse too lol

GT_Ben

Member +
Yea, well thats why i asked! I know its the case with other engines and was going to re-torque mine anyway but as you said, its a pain in the ass having to remove the timing and cams again after youv just built it all! lol. Will probs do it for the piece of mind anyway!

Cheers Dan

Ben

obbeah

Fresh Recruit
thanks a lot guys ,your help was greatly appreciated.do u have a wiring diagram for the ep82 starlet.

Last edited:

Aga

Member +
i dont know about the stock head bolts, but over here, we retorque the ARP ones after about 1000kms

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
can't at the moment, you can get 4AGE and mod to suit though.

Please note you will need to re-tap your block and head to suit. The head must be machined to fit the studs.

stock headbolts are fine in most cases though