5E engine help?

I bought a 5e engine off here and when it arrived today on inspection it had 4E stamped on the block but it had the 5E inlet and a 4E clutch wouldn't fit on the flywheel, is it a 5E or not?

Cheers, rich

Jay

Admin
If it's stamped 4E then it's a 4E mate..

Be very wary that she isn't a non-turbo engine that has been mis-advertised. Seen it happen before.

Jay

Admin
Are the n/a 4e engines the same engines , just minus a turbo,or are the internals slightly different also??

Compression is higher than the 4EFTE but both engines share many components with each other.

Turbo isn't just a bolt on option.

Mikey4410

Member +
Awesome, thanks for the info.. Also were does the illusive 5e engine come from ?? What car,? and is that turbo as standard on a 5e.... Regards mikey

Jay

Admin
Awesome, thanks for the info.. Also were does the illusive 5e engine come from ?? What car,? and is that turbo as standard on a 5e.... Regards mikey

Heading slightly off topic mate but the 5E is from the Paseo/Cynos, Tercel and Sera model ranges and comes in two forms (5E-FE and the higher powered 5E-FHE). Both are non-turbo but some mad bastards strap big turbos to them and create 5E-FTE setups.

Best to do a forum search for more info whilst Rich here confims what he has bought.

sanchez

Member +
What a piss take mate, some people :slap:
Who did you get it off more importantly? And make sure you get your money back as i bet you have no use for the 4E!

Right, well I'm just back in from Dublin now, bought this

http://www.toyotagtturbo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71713

So the build can get started.

I'm going to contact the seller first as it may have been a genuine mistake, I didn't realise right away so I'll post up when I get my refund.

Absolute fuckin nightmare, the Fake 5E got delivered to the wrong address and I only managed to get it back today from them today, was on cloud 9 cus I wasn't sure I could get it back and when I did I was over the moon, only for Ed to look at it and tell me it was a 4E!

SO anyway I now have a 5E off christyep91 and I just need to sort out getting my money back on the other one.

faisalgtturbo

Member +
:mad::mad: shit i didnt expect this thread and dopey idiots jumping on the band wagon .....

he bought it through me/ well i am responsible sort off

the breakers yard my friend got it from, took it out of a paseo
thinking it was a 5efe ok boys....
(i have a friend looking out for 5e's and go's regularly to breakers yards)

my mistake was i did not get to check it before it went as i was ill
so my m8 sent it as i have had loads of cars/bits stolen recenlty

i have spoke to the rich, he wanted a refund or a actual 5e
to which i agreed (3 weeks to find one) and i told him if i dont find one (within 3 weeks) i willl send my own 5e from my daily driven paseo

faisal

to be honest i been on here 8 years ... i am dissapointed this thread came about ...as i communicated and tried my best to resolve the issue, which i will

seriously shit

faisal

popsy09

Munster Area Rep.
:mad::mad: shit i didnt expect this thread and dopey idiots jumping on the band wagon .....

he bought it through me/ well i am responsible sort off

the breakers yard my friend got it from, took it out of a paseo
thinking it was a 5efe ok boys....
(i have a friend looking out for 5e's and go's regularly to breakers yards)

my mistake was i did not get to check it before it went as i was ill
so my m8 sent it as i have had loads of cars/bits stolen recenlty

i have spoke to the rich, he wanted a refund or a actual 5e
to which i agreed (3 weeks to find one) and i told him if i dont find one (within 3 weeks) i willl send my own 5e from my daily driven paseo

faisal

to be honest i been on here 8 years ... i am dissapointed this thread came about ...as i communicated and tried my best to resolve the issue, which i will

seriously shit

faisal

people only commented on the information they were given so you cant blame them /me :):)

, but its nice to see your standing by the sale im sure a lot of people wouldnt :):)

i am dissapointed this thread came about

Just to clarify, this thread only came about as i wasn't sure whether it was 5e or not and i didn't want to go accusing anyone of anything.

As i said above I thought it was probably a mistake on behalf of the seller and never actually named yourself Faisal as I didnt't deem it necessary due to you being more than willing to resolve the issue.

And I never contacted any of the mods or anyone else as I didn't see the point.

But as it's on here now anyway,

once I found out it wasn't a 5e I spoke to faisal and sent him pics to which the route of the mistake was sourced and he offered me a refund or another engine, I obviously would prefer another engine as the one from christy was originally intended for my mate who said I could have it if I sorted him with one when one turned up.

Faisal has done nothing but be honest and fair and I can't fault him as i understand accidents happen and it's no big deal.

As some of you probably know he was ripped off by domino dan so as far as I'm concerned there was never any doubt as to whether there was malice behind it.

SO,

the true telling of how good a seller is how they deal with mishaps and mistakes and and I don't think anyone could fault the above.

Rich