5efhe rods max boost

hekker

Fresh Recruit
on my 1rst 5EFHE i have gone to 1.6bar without breaking rods

ya waz told the same by a friend today hes got wiseco pistons and fhe rods and been boosting 1.4bar for 16 months hes don around 80k on that set up took me for a spin there 2day put a smile on mi face

ramses974

Member +
pistons will go before rods in terms of boost. rpm kills rods. boost kills pistons :)

on the 5Ef-E i noticed that the rods were weak instead of the pistons...on the 5efhe the pistons can go to 1.4-1.5bar easily but i made a boost curve to fit and preserve my engine on ab ebc

i am at 1.4b until 5k and 1.2b to 8k

hekker

Fresh Recruit
on the 5Ef-E i noticed that the rods were weak instead of the pistons...on the 5efhe the pistons can go to 1.4-1.5bar easily but i made a boost curve to fit and preserve my engine on ab ebc

i am at 1.4b until 5k and 1.2b to 8k

RAMSES974 are u saying i can run stock 4efte pistons to 1.2 bar and 7800 rpm maybe there is no need for me to buy forged pistons if i stick to stock 4efte pistons on the 5efhe rods can more poeple confirm this please thanks

AdamB

Member +
1.2 bar is fine on stock pistons and rods, what management system you going to use? Aslong as its a good map you should be fine :)

hekker

Fresh Recruit
1.2 bar is fine on stock pistons and rods, what management system you going to use? Aslong as its a good map you should be fine :)

gonna use the mines ecu and a afc and see if i can go to 1.2 this will be a daily driver

ramses974

Member +
RAMSES974 are u saying i can run stock 4efte pistons to 1.2 bar and 7800 rpm maybe there is no need for me to buy forged pistons if i stick to stock 4efte pistons on the 5efhe rods can more poeple confirm this please thanks
i have gone to 1.4b-> 1.6b with these pistons

Last edited:

wildchild

Member +
im currently running 1.2bar on a 5e engine with 4efte pistons and 5efhe rods with a TD04 with 440cc injectors managed by a greddy emanage blue. i need to get forged pistons and rods coz i want to boost above 1.5 to 2bar. will my 5EFHE rods survive upto 2bar? first of all will my TD04L be able to produce 2bar boost on a 5e? hats the maximum boost that a TD04L can produce on a 5e?
can any1 pls help me on this?

AdamB

Member +
The td04 won't pull 2 bar boost, its way out of its efficiency range. Max boost on td04 is 1.4-1.5 bar.
You might need to get bigger injectors as well if you want to run 2 bar.

ramses974

Member +
for 2bar of boost .A td04 H hybrid can take 1.6bar but not for 2.b you will destroy it quickly
Garret si the way ...

wildchild

Member +
whats the maximum boost that i can get without killing my pistons and rods? is 1.5 bar safe?
how do i get to increase my bhp? currently its at 201whp so thats around 235 to 240bhp am i right?

AdamB

Member +
Depends how competent your tuner is, and what ecu it is being mapped. Engines can be destroyed at stock boost if not mapped right.
Without killing the pistons and rods you will probably be looking at about 1.4 bar, how long it lasts is another question.