97 glanza v ep91 osf hub

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
Hi all

Not posted for a while as gave up on rebuilding osf corner up last year for my sanity but going back at it again shortly.
I've replaced most of the parts on it but it won't line up properly and ABS light staying on.
I'm thinking I need to change the hub and if this doesn't sort it the front springs.

Any input great fully received and any ideas where I can get a hub?

Cheers
Vin

Jay

Admin
Morning mate,

How do you mean it's not lining up?

The abs reads the gaps in the abs ring on the driveshaft so if there's dirt on it or if the sensor isn't lined up you would get an ABS fault. Chances are they are related.

Jay

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
Morning mate,

How do you mean it's not lining up?

The abs reads the gaps in the abs ring on the driveshaft so if there's dirt on it or if the sensor isn't lined up you would get an ABS fault. Chances are they are related.

Jay

Morning Jay

The ABS is a side issue at the moment as the front of the car isn't lining up. The OSF wheel is leaning out . It's had an impact on that corner.
I've replaced the wishbone drop link and track rod ends and took it to a laser alignment place but it's still not right.

Vin

Jay

Admin
I've seen a bent hub before. If it's been a bad enough impact you should also check the mounting plates on the shock haven't been damaged too.

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
I've seen a bent hub before. If it's been a bad enough impact you should also check the mounting plates on the shock haven't been damaged too.

Would the shock mounting plates pull the wheel off in the head if they were buckled?
Do you know if I bought a new hub wether it would have the bearing already pressed in ?

Cheers Vin

Jay

Admin
Yes they could have a serious effect on the hub position (and thus wheel position).

Looks like the hub carrier comes without the bearing and hub when buying new from toyota. The yaris one I bought a few years came bare too.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-01-07-09-47-16.jpg
    Screenshot_2016-01-07-09-47-16.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 1

Vinpetrol

Fresh Recruit
Yes they could have a serious effect on the hub position (and thus wheel position).

Looks like the hub carrier comes without the bearing and hub when buying new from toyota. The yaris one I bought a few years came bare too.

Did you attach a picture to that last post? If you did for some reason I can't see it.
I don't suppose you know anyone with a used hub ?

Cheers Vin