A/C Removal

want to know if you will need to modify something else such as belts, switches, wiring etc when you remove the ac compressor unit, its radiator etc etc from a Glanza. thnks in advance

addz

Member +
want to know if you will need to modify something else such as belts, switches, wiring etc when you remove the ac compressor unit, its radiator etc etc from a Glanza. thnks in advance

You will need a smaller belt, one off a UK model starlet should do.

regards the belt its ok, i know about it thanks anyway. want to be sure about the connection, i've heard that ep82 needs to be done but want to confirm on ep91. thanks for the replies

anyone confirm that 99364-20920 L=920 belt is fine when removing ac from my V? also whats the best method to remove ac? removing front bumper or you can work with bumper in place and just move the main radiator slightly backwards to make way for the ac rad to go out from beneath the car?

Last edited:

corofin12345

Member +
well thats the first thing to do jason.. then if you are goin dumping the rest just cut up the pipes..(i didnt cut pipes but took alot longer to remove) onces pipes are removed i just loosened the water rad brackets and took out the a/c rad from behind it.. remove fan on a/c rad first tho..other way is to remove water rad.. once pipes and rad is out take the pump out.. watch out for trapped gas in pump.. not 100% sure on the code for the belt but a non a/c starlet belt will do but make sure it a power steering one also..

Last edited:
thnks durmz i will need to buy that belt, never heard anyone bridging anything afterwards on a V! whats the best method to remove every ac component out?

thnks corofin12345 for the guide ;) so seems to work with bumper in place just need to loose main rad brackets to get ac rad out from there after i undo the ac rad fan! thnks mate repped

corofin12345

Member +
its a bit fiddly but will come out eventually.. just reomove grill if you still have it on the bumper for easier access.. theres a good few bolts along the piping but you will find them... you may have to remove water bottle to get pipe work out.. once finished your engine will thank you for the better cooling...lol

will a 4PK913 belt do the job when removing ac from a V? want to know cause the only size i found right now available is the one mentioned cause i read on here that 4pk915 was used by many when doing so, its on 2mm difference but want to confirm please.

durmz

Member +
i have no idea what that code means lol but if the belts are 2mm different in length it will be fine, theres like atleast 40-50mm of travel on the tensioner