A few questions

GT_TURBO MAN CAN

Fresh Recruit
Few questions aboot the gt turbo
sorry that some arent related to engine

1. is it over head cams?
2. (if yes to above) is it single or double?
3. what bar boost is it set to in low and high? (default settings when it came out of factory )
4. whats the highest you can set it to on stock internals wthout blowing anything ?
5. whats the best oil should you use for engine?
6. whats the manufacturer's specified tyre size?
7. whats the manufacturer's specified tyre pressure?
8. when the car came out of the factory did they have carpet in the boot to cover wheel well?
its a 95 gt

Steve GT

Member +
High boost is 0.65 bar and low is 0.45bar matey standard
Highest boost id say safely is probably 1.3bar of boost anything more id forge
Oil is personal preference really iv heared loads of people using loads of different oils for them
yes there was carpet in the boot on a GT there fixed to the back of the seats and go right into the boot

gv1.3

Admin
1. is it over head cams? yes
2. (if yes to above) is it single or double? double
4. whats the highest you can set it to on stock internals wthout blowing anything ? Depends... mine has been at 1.1bar since I got it with minimal mods
5. whats the best oil should you use for engine? I use castrol gtx 10w40
8. when the car came out of the factory did they have carpet in the boot to cover wheel well? All I have seen have

Jay

Admin
Few questions aboot the gt turbo
sorry that some arent related to engine

1. is it over head cams? Yes
2. (if yes to above) is it single or double? Double
3. what bar boost is it set to in low and high? (default settings when it came out of factory ) .4 bar low and .65 high
4. whats the highest you can set it to on stock internals wthout blowing anything ? Variable. See up to 1.2 bar in some cases but personally just under a bar is considered reliable. Naturally this depends on your engine's health, driving style and modifications so don't come crying to me with busted pistons. If you want to retain reliability leave her standard and it'll last years.
5. whats the best oil should you use for engine? There's a sticker on the under side of the bonnet.
6. whats the manufacturer's specified tyre size? There's another sticker on the driver side B-pillar.
7. whats the manufacturer's specified tyre pressure? Should also be on the last sticker mentioned.
8. when the car came out of the factory did they have carpet in the boot to cover wheel well? Yes.

its a 95 gt

Hope that helps bro.