A Funny Story

Beaker

Member +
Just read the thread about the drink/drugged driving and thought you might like to hear a funny story that happened to me a few years ago.
Whilst travelling in Australia, I went on a 14 hour drinking binge as you do. I then thought I heard some one say to me that I had had my money stolen. So I thought I had better report this to the police. I got in my VW Kombi and drove to the Police Station which was about 50 yards away and found it shut as it was a tiny bush town in the outback and it was now 3am. Full of booze and angry at not being able to report my crime I decided to break in to the police station and wait for the coppers (not my best drunken idea ever!!). The Police man also lived next to the police station. He heard my crashing and banging and wandered out of his house and found me standing by his broken down door. He then asked me how I gotthere and being rather worse for wear I said "I drove here" and he said well I'll do you for that as well.
This episode cost me an 800 dollar fine and 250 dollars for a new door for the police station. The only good thing was that my english licence entitled me to drive in Australia and even though they gave me an 11 month ban they couldnt enforce it as they couldnt touch my english licence, so I never had to mention it when I came home. The Judge told me that, which was nice so I carried on driving there.
This was 12 years ago and I have never driven drunk before or after this but it is a good story. I still have the tape of my police interview which is hilarious. The had to ask me if I spoke English and Iwas like " I am english, your not, of course I do!" Only good thing was I did blow the highest amount that had been heard of in the state for years and made the local papers!
Not big, Not clever, but very funny in a stupid way!