A shot into the dark. possable yaris rear suspension

hardcoreep

Member +
Yaris doesn't have IRS. The springs and shocks are seperate items. The rear suspension is like that of the AE86. The only small Toyota with IRS is the diesel Auris.

goldenvtr

Member +
ah, fair enough then. It maybe too much work really and might no pay off, i think starlets work good on a track but can be a bit cheeky with the rear grip just wondering if it had been conciderd before

hardcoreep

Member +
Some Australian guy, and a guy here in Jamaica successfully adapted the rear suspenion of the Daihatsu Charade GTi, which is the same chassis stamp, to the EP82.

Daihatsu_Charade_GTi_16V_1-6i_rot_1993_%20002.jpg

This model Charade was designed by Toyota and is based on the EP floorplan. Its has IRS. They are very rare here. They figured this out when someone dropped a 4EFTE into it with no problem. I figured it out because the cars look so much alike.
Daihatsu_Charade_GTi_16V_1-6i_rot_1993_%20004.jpg

riko666

Member +
there was some talk of using an AE92's IRS but I don't recall them having IRS either...it's a doomed plan...I thought of this long time ago

hardcoreep

Member +
there was some talk of using an AE92's IRS but I don't recall them having IRS either...it's a doomed plan...I thought of this long time ago

AE92 use Pegasus IRS. Different floor and suspension dimensions. Full custom job. Do the 4WD EPs have IRS?

riko666

Member +
according to Car-directory.net it's a Trailing Link Axle with a Stabiliser...:eek: Stabiliser? Why wouldn't the normal EP Chassis have it

Jay

Admin
Some Australian guy, and a guy here in Jamaica successfully adapted the rear suspenion of the Daihatsu Charade GTi, which is the same chassis stamp, to the EP82.

Daihatsu_Charade_GTi_16V_1-6i_rot_1993_%20002.jpg

This model Charade was designed by Toyota and is based on the EP floorplan. Its has IRS. They are very rare here. They figured this out when someone dropped a 4EFTE into it with no problem. I figured it out because the cars look so much alike.
Daihatsu_Charade_GTi_16V_1-6i_rot_1993_%20004.jpg

Yeah, a local guy with a De Tomosa called down one day to compare engine bays. It's amazingly similar. His plan was to 4EFTE the car and it looked very handy to do. I didn't look near the rear suspension - just assumed it was the same as a Starlet. :homer:

riko666

Member +
Interesting - it's a trailing arm multilink, but it's still a liveaxle, so in essence, still a beam axle type in a manner of way