A Wee Road Trip...

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
After my Mother-in-Law decided to spend more time looking at a tractor, and not at the car in front which had stopped, she required a new car... So, having given me the nod to get her one, I started looking...

Never content to do the simple thing, I found the perfect car for my Mother-in-Law, but it was not exactly close. So, after some questioning and additional photos, I planned my trip, which amusingly, covered evey aspect of transport I could find:

- Walking
- Bus
- Train
- Plane
- Ferry
- Driving

Anyway... From this photo, you can probably guess where I went:

dsc01305fd.jpg

(And no, I couldn't very well get my Mother-in-Law a Starlet could I?)

So, the opportunity to visit someone who I've talked to for a long time was too great, and after a stunning drive down the lough and along the sea, I found myself here:

dsc01309sr.jpg

Very graciously, my welcoming hosts provided a bed for the night, plenty of beer, lots of talk regarding setting the world right together with all things EP, and a full-chat run in the 5E K26. What more could hosts offer? :D I also managed to pick up a part that I've need, and get angry with my poor showing on the GT4 challenge leaderboard...

So, after all that, it was just a case of the ferry back to Stranraer, and an 8 hour journey back home again.

I'd just like to say thanks to Jay for being a very gracious host, and it was good to finally meet you at last! The favour will always be returned should you ever find yourself in my part of the world...

Last edited:
Heard all about your trip Mark :p

I must have just missed you.

Glad you had a good short stay at the Costa.

GT4 is unforgiving isn't it :rolleyes:

Whatever you saw lurking in the garage keep mum :freddy:

Take it easy.

Joz

Diasapointed,

Now i understand i cannot compete against jays garage and possibly even produce GT4 though when i read the stranraer part i was slightly disappointed you didnt let me show you the sights.

:haha::haha:

Dan507

Member +
Drives: Toyota Caldina GT-T, Daihatsu Sirion Rally IV, VW T4 Camper, Mystery EP Project...

Tell me more! :p

Sharkman645

Member +
suprised you didnt hear more clicks than just your camera when taking that sandy row pic lol

glad you enjoyed your stay

directions to jays garage should be in the tourist information office for all starlet visitors

Iain@CRD

Lifer
No-1 needs directions to Jays Garage, one day when your out driving in the EP youll magically end up there :cool:. Hes some guy Jay!

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Heard all about your trip Mark :p

I must have just missed you.

Glad you had a good short stay at the Costa.

GT4 is unforgiving isn't it :rolleyes:

Whatever you saw lurking in the garage keep mum :freddy:

Take it easy.

Joz

Yeah, Jay said you were turning up shortly, but had to dash to get the ferry... As for keeping schtum, no worries... ;)

Diasapointed,

Now i understand i cannot compete against jays garage and possibly even produce GT4 though when i read the stranraer part i was slightly disappointed you didnt let me show you the sights.

:haha::haha:

Couldn't hang around chap, got in to Stranraer at 4:30pm, and with a constant speed slightly above the legal limit (plus a Kentucky stop-off), I still didn't get home until 12:30am!

Drives: Toyota Caldina GT-T, Daihatsu Sirion Rally IV, VW T4 Camper, Mystery EP Project...

Tell me more! :p

Well it wouldn't be a mystery if I told would it? :p

_GAZ_EP85_

Member +
JAY's are version of jesus:haha:

proper down to earth bloke chilled out:rockon:

what ya think of N.I then dude?

Jay

Admin
Glad to be of help Mark, was about time I put a face to the username! :)

You certainly got the weather for it. Was another blinder today so got plenty more done.

Hope the 5E wasn't too underwhelming, that poor car suffers from too much hype for it's own good. As for GT4 - I managed a 1.14 after you left so get practising! :haha:

nanglebadger

Member +
WHAT!!!!

You were at Jays? Damn, if i'd known i'd have come down just to say hello and welcome to NI!!!! damn damn damn!!!

glad to see you enjoyed your trip tho sir!!

Phil.

Phil

Super Moderator
Stuff northern ireland as a whole! its PORTAVOGIE thats the place to be :)

the starlet haven.

glad you liked you visit, the view is great right?

Phil