and ive no experience with abs at all, anyone able to help me out? :) thanks

Mikey-H

well it dont have an abs light when i turn on ignition,
also i got into the snow surroundin my car lol
and cant see any sensors coming from the cv joint
so i think its safe to say no abs :D

durmz

Member +
ide be surprised if your 98 glanza didnt have abs, just drive it down the road, clamp on as hard as possible, if the wheels just straight up lock, u havent got it, if u feel some resistance in the peddle, and the wheels are like jolting on and off the brakes, uve got it.

Slamming on the breaks is not a
good test he could have abs and
its not working (like meself). If its a
98 glanza it has abs unless its a
pov spec. As Dave said there is a
big box behind the drivers
headlight with brake pipes going
into it you cant miss it.

Arnold

Lifer
I would imagine on a 98 if you've got ABS the light on the dash would come on. It does on my 99. I also have a sticker on my rear window which says ABS

Jay

Admin
You are looking for this :

glanvodiaster037.jpg

If you don't have one then both reservoirs will be on the drivers side like so:

3stock085.jpg

So to summarise, if you have both coolant and washer bottles on the driver side you will not have ABS.

In ABS models these are moved to the passenger side to allow the ABS pump to be fitted.

Hope that helps buddy,

Jay

SupaStu

Member +
Jay, the P-spec Glanza I had, had just a space where the ABS unit would have been had it been fitted. I think it is only the EP82 that has relocated bottles on the drivers side when no ABS is fitted.

If it is a "lightweight" spec Glanza then there will just be an empty space on the driver side.

I've got a pic at home somewhere...

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
the ABS may have failed, so the previous owner may have removed bulb, so it doesnt flash up if he knew he was getting rid of car.
the pictures with the box on drivers side are the ABS pump and sensors, so if u have that box, you have abs, weather the bulb been removed, and the a sensor on the wheels could be broke like mine was when first got mine.

Jay

Admin
Jay, the P-spec Glanza I had, had just a space where the ABS unit would have been had it been fitted. I think it is only the EP82 that has relocated bottles on the drivers side when no ABS is fitted.

If it is a "lightweight" spec Glanza then there will just be an empty space on the driver side.

I've got a pic at home somewhere...

You are quite correct. I forgot the EP82 and EP91 differ in that respect mate.

There is an empty space instead of the bottles.