Actuator insert?

marty

Member +
Hi, I know this may have been covered before but had a quick look through the search function and no joy. So I know how everything is supposed to connect up but it seems with the HKS actuator kit there is a small metal cylindrical insert that I think is supposed to go into one of the vacuum pipes..

Any idea which one or any other help?

It'll give me something to do this weekend as it's been lying in a box for god knows how long!!

Cheers

WallaceGlanza

Member +
There is a wee brass restrictor which comes in the kits for the EP's, can't remember which hose it goes in though! However I think I might still have the fitting guide hidden away in a box somewhere....

marty

Member +
There is a wee brass restrictor which comes in the kits for the EP's, can't remember which hose it goes in though! However I think I might still have the fitting guide hidden away in a box somewhere....

That's the one mate. Was just about to stick pictures of it on there but you saved me the hassle haha! If you can find the guide let me know, but you definately used the restrictor then?

WallaceGlanza

Member +
That's the one mate. Was just about to stick pictures of it on there but you saved me the hassle haha! If you can find the guide let me know, but you definately used the restrictor then?

I think you only use the restrictor if you're teeing it off to keep the stock hi/lo boost in place. I didn't have it fitted with my ebc.

dac69er

Super Moderator
its meant to slow the airflow down so you dont get pulsing of the actuator. it basically dampens its action. if your using a boost controller i wouldnt worry about it. only if your using it with a direct vac feed or you are using the hi/lo solenoid.

how well it actually works is debatable, but i guess its there for a reason

pilgrim_fgau

Member +
never seen it before myself, and never used one on mine and worked fine, with no boost controller, just the actuator adjusted.

marty

Member +
Sound guys, cheers. I'll get cracking at it this weekend weather permitting..

I've no boost controller just direct feed and hi/lo is bypassed so reckon I'll just leave it out.