adjusting AFPR

tip

Member +
hello, i have a stock ECU, i've read that on 1 bar of boost the afpr has to be on 45psi or something like that. what i like to know is how much can i set the afpr at if i am boosting 12 PSI? now i'm boosting 10 PSI

the problem is the guy who set up the afpr adjusted it on 80psi, when i ask him why he cant answer me....

i have a garret GT2052 turbo on, the same guy who adjusted the afpr made the header for me, toyota caldina GTT fuel pomp (it delivers 255lph), FMIC, auto meter afr gauge(not a wideband).

i have noticed that the boost comes in late too at about 5000rpm. what could this be??

AdamB

Member +
80 psi fuel pressure? Thats way too much!
Get it set up on a wideband, every engine is different.

Jay

Admin
Yeah, as Adam says, fuel pressure should be set in conjunction with a wideband. Any decent tuner should be able to do a few fuelling runs and set it up accordingly. There are no set rules in doing this so never copy someone elses settings or you could blow your engine.

Jay

tip

Member +
thanks guys, i think this weekend i'll sort it out.

another question i am boosting 10psi now and i wanna boost 12psi but i still have the stock injectors. do you think they can handle that kind of boost??

HYBRID

Super Moderator <a href="http://www.toyotagtturbo.
on a gt20?? of course they can... tbh u can be running 1 bar without any problem... the gt20 gives roughly the same flow as the td04L and caps out earlier as its not that much of a top end turbo... boost is coming on very late coz to me it sounds like ur running way too much fuel pressure... (whcih btw denso injectors are not such a fan of running over 5bar of fuel pressure... remember fuel pressure is compensated 1:1 by most regulators... so the more boost you run the more pressure ur getting... ) so basically if ur running 80psi on idle.. then ur running over 100psi fuel pressure on 10psi of boost :eek: whcich equates to around 6.8bar of fuel pressure.. which i can assure you isnt needed in the least...

get a wideband mate.. also id suggest getting an egt guage.. just to monitor your egt's so that you can play with timing a little bit as its going to be needed as well to give you the most out of your setup :D

kon

Last edited: