adjusting boost?

J25GTi

Lifer
Hey guys, I've had a search round but couldn't find anything.

On my glanza v the muppet has it set up running 1.1bar on high boost.
I have ordered an ebc but until that arrives I can only do it via the standard actuator.
How do I lower this so I'm below .85bar on high? I also get about .2 bar boost creep on low boost.

The only mods I can see are - apexi exhaust, hks air filter, decat, jam fcd

Hopefully someone can shed some light on this for me!

Cheers

Cornish-Glanza

Member +
you have to manually adjust the actuator by extending the arm (i assume it has a hks actuator if it's set to 1.1bar?). Remember your boost will only go as low as the actuator is set to, so if the actuator is set to 1.1bar, an ebc wont reduce the boost.

Also if it doesnt have any mod to adjust fueling - i wouldnt be driving it mate!

glanza_dan

Fresh Recruit
you must have a hks actuator to get 1.1 bar you need make the rod longer by twisting the end. The shorther the rod = more boost, the longer the rod= less boost, what you do is turn the rod one's round then use a R Clip to hold then go for a test run then ajust to get your right boost be careful its will be hot, if you havent got any fuel supporting mods i would turn down the boost asap to 0.7 or 0.6. bar

Last edited:

jayc-glanza17

Fresh Recruit
take actuator off
and measure the length of the arm to the pin centre point.
123mm is .8bar matey.
so more length is less boost,
just giving you a figure to work with fella.

J25GTi

Lifer
Hey guys, thanks for all the useful advice, I've disconnected the fcd as dub7 suggested.

I haven't put a different actuator on to the car, the only thing me and dub7 can come up with is it is a jamracing actuator or something, as it looks standard.

It has no threads or anything, I've been searching for a bleed valve or something but I can't physically get under the car to find out what is under there as it is too low! Lol
The actuator just has a hole in the arm with a pin through it to hold it all together, no way of adjusting it.

I have emailed dub7 some photos of it so hopefully he will post them up soon.

Craig_GT

Lifer
If the standard actuator is knackered it can cos it to over boost and hit Fuel cut, thats prob why the last person has fitted a FCD (silly way of "fixing" it)
Id buy an adjustable actuator and bring the boost back down untill you get the supporting mods.

Craig

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
just got in the office

possible JAM racing actuator lads?

IMG00079-20090226-0920.jpg

IMG00081-20090226-0920.jpg

Spoonz

Member +
thats standard by the looks of it.
Now my mate brought an EP82 and some dodgy garage bent the bar so it ran more boost and then said they tuned it.
His use to boost to 1.2bar but we stuck a drawes device on it and it was easy to turn down.

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
thats standard by the looks of it.
Now my mate brought an EP82 and some dodgy garage bent the bar so it ran more boost and then said they tuned it.
His use to boost to 1.2bar but we stuck a drawes device on it and it was easy to turn down.

don't JAM actuators look the same though?

and how did you manage to turn boost down with a dawes device?

Heres a Jam Actuator

600CIMG4679.jpg

And here is it fitted

014.jpg

The Jam actuator is a 1bar actuator is it not?? Maybe your boost guage is fucked and reading too high??
Christy

Spoonz

Member +
don't JAM actuators look the same though?

and how did you manage to turn boost down with a dawes device?

I didnt think they did but im mistaken buy the pics just posted so it could well be a Jam actuator

Just went out on a wim put it on and it allowed us to turn it down to about 0.7-8

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
a dawes device won't allow boost to drop lower than the actuator preset though. i reckon you must have had a vacuum leak and unknowingly fixed that when fitting the dawes device.

Spoonz

Member +
nah serious i know what your sayin though.
But the actuator was definly bent for more boost has wen he traded it wen for something else the garage said themselfs it was bent and put another standard one back on without the dawes device has they sell there cars completely standard for warrant purpose

Has hard has it is to belive that is exactly what happened i dunno if its beacuse the bar was bent ity help boost longer and with the dawes device it made the wastegae open alot earlier im not to sure but it is what happened lol

CMR

Member +
The actuator looks identical to mine which also tries to boost upto 1bar ish with no boost controller mods.
Being changed soon though, it could be a JAM.. but on my car it was completely standard so seems unlikely the only mod they would do in japan was fit a JAM actuator!

Dub-Se7en

Lifer
nah serious i know what your sayin though.
But the actuator was definly bent for more boost has wen he traded it wen for something else the garage said themselfs it was bent and put another standard one back on without the dawes device has they sell there cars completely standard for warrant purpose

Has hard has it is to belive that is exactly what happened i dunno if its beacuse the bar was bent ity help boost longer and with the dawes device it made the wastegae open alot earlier im not to sure but it is what happened lol
not doubting you mate, just can't put any logic to it. :)