Advice please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

sanchez

Member +
Would like abit of advice please.

I was interested in an item from a member off here and told him i didnt have sufficient funds in my paypal to pay the full amount so he told me i could pay a deposit as others were interested- so a £20 deposit was paid on the 28 September.

Around a week later i had the funds in my paypal- so the rest was paid £90 on the 4 October which means the full amount delivered was £110.

I was in no rush for the item and the seller said he was busy with work and couldnt find any packaging to send the item.

So i think nearly 2 weeks after i had paid he told me it had been sent and a pic of a receipt was taken to show me the date.

So now its been over a month and still nothing, and i dont know what to do about it.

I pm'd him a few times saying i would like a refund as i have no reason to beleive its been posted.

And if it has been lost in the post he would be able to refund me and claim it back from the royal mail?

Should i make a claim through paypal? as you have to within 45 days i think...

Thanks guys :)

pig666eon

Member +
your best covering yourself give him enough time to respond and if you have already givin him enough time well then make a claim

you cant be any fairer

sanchez

Member +
Yeah i know mate, but it was posted over 2 weeks ago now?
Surly not going to take that long, even with the strikes...
I have to make the claim with 45 days of payment yeah?

pig666eon

Member +
You open the case within 45 days of the PayPal payment and escalate it to a claim if needed within 20 days of opening the case. paypal

when someone doesnt respond it generally means somethings up two weeks is a long time but shit does happen if he is not willing to respond or even try to find out why the item is late it sounds a bit out of wack tbh

spuddy

Ulster Area Rep.
Its not your responsability to make the claim with royal mail, untill the item is in your hands it remains the senders resposabilty to get u the item, even if royal mail loose it, your owed an item or a refund.

Thats my understanding of it.

sanchez

Member +
Its not your responsability to make the claim with royal mail, untill the item is in your hands it remains the senders resposabilty to get u the item, even if royal mail loose it, your owed an item or a refund.

Thats my understanding of it.

Yeah so he should refund me out of his pocket for whatever reason has happened and he in turn will be refunded by the royal mail?

sanchez

Member +
You open the case within 45 days of the PayPal payment and escalate it to a claim if needed within 20 days of opening the case. paypal

when someone doesnt respond it generally means somethings up two weeks is a long time but shit does happen if he is not willing to respond or even try to find out why the item is late it sounds a bit out of wack tbh

I pm'd him the other day asking for a refund and hes been on since so i just pm'd him again asking again.

Not jumping to conclusions as it may well be posted but as you say 2 weeks is a long time, so will give it another week.

pig666eon

Member +
if it was me and i genuinely sent the item i would have no problem responding to you to tell you its late or worst its lost and do all i could to sort it out its the least anyone would do ( i hope )

i would give him a few more days not a week to give you a update at least failing all of that i would make a claim

Stulet-GTT

Member +
I like to read thred's like this as you have asked for advise and not come on shouting ya mouth off about it all and callin people name's, best way in my opinion to go about thing's...

Is the item being sent in the UK??
Only asking as i brought somink of hear an it was like 2week's an notink, even the seller was worryed, but then i looked a little closer an it was coming from across sea's so it take's from 8 to 10days to deliver, but with in two day's it turned up...

Pm him in a couple of day's if you still hear nothink then it is time to go threw paypal and request money back, hope fully it wont come to that and you get it all sorted soon...

sanchez

Member +
Right guys he hasnt been on in 5 days now and if he isnt on by 12 midday then im putting a claim in with paypal.

I have had enough of waiting for fuck all now, i paid well over a month ago now!

I paid a deposit of £20 and then full payment of £90, so i take it i put 2 seperate claims in or what??

ktl

Member +
Shouldnt take 1 month.

never trust people you dont know mate as this happens.

You'll be lucky to get all your money back, as he would of taken it all out and all they do is freeze the account untill he pays u back.

Thats the down side.

The upside is if hes genuine and the item comes with this week lol.

GT-TD04

Supermoderator
I always send items registered and insured,imo,this should be the case for every item sold or bought across the internet.

If it was me, I would.

As even when the claim is going ahead, the seller can still refund you and then you can cancel the claim. Then all's well that ends well!

scot-ish

Member +
i would have put the claim in paypal ages ago to be honest, and then left it the 20 days or watever it is they allow, that way you have only flagged it up, untill you escalate it to a claim, there is no harm done

you said they sent you a pic of the reciept? didnt it have a tracking code on it? and it should have had your postcode on it??

Status
Not open for further replies.