After 7 great years I'm thinking of selling up and living the Evo dream

Rick

Trader
Well guys, after 7 great years of owning my beloved GT I'm thinking of selling up finally and buying an Evo.

It's taken me 7 years to get my GT to where it is now and it is still pristine, it's in better condition that most 2 year old cars. Also in 7 years it's not missed a beat and I find it hard to believe how reliable it has been.

But times do change and as much as I would miss my pride and joy...I still want active yaw control LOL!!!:rockon:

I will still visit this great forum though.

Here are a few pics of my baby:

IMG_0054.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

new9.jpg

Rick

Trader
Cheers guys, I'm still not sure if I'm going to do it yet as I still love my GT to bits but I've just had an insurance quote for an Evo 5 and it was lower than I'm paying for my GT.:)

Cooch

Member +
She's gorgeous dude. I know how you feel though its not a easy decision to make. I'd love an RX-7 but just wonder if i did get one wether i'd regret it and want the Starlet back or not. Best of luck mate.

Mike D EP82

Member +
7 years is dedication, they cant be that bad cars if youve kept it that long. but as said well time for a change. good luck

Rick

Trader
7 years is dedication, they cant be that bad cars if youve kept it that long. but as said well time for a change. good luck

Trust me I'm not saying there is anything bad about my GT, I still love it to bits but I'm getting old now and I'm thinking you only live once LOL!!!

dac69er

Super Moderator
im glad. only took about 2 and a half years of me asking for it to be changed!!!

well, that was the only real fault with the car, so in otherwords its a bloody good car ;)

Idrees

Banned
Lovely example of a GT, you only live about 10 miles from me (I think) but Ive never seen this in reality!

Good luck with the change of car

rickw

Member +
She's gorgeous dude. I know how you feel though its not a easy decision to make. I'd love an RX-7 but just wonder if i did get one wether i'd regret it and want the Starlet back or not. Best of luck mate.

i jus got both, LOL:rockon:
but i was gonna sell the glanza but den jus decided to keep it as id prob regret selling it, so i jus decided to keep both and be broke:(lol

Jay

Admin
Rick, you can sell on one condition - that GT needs a good home with a careful owner mate. She's a twin of my grey one and I couldn't watch her get neglected!

Minty Mk1's are hard to find nowadays:)

Rick

Trader
The feedback I've found on the Evo's are that they are very reliable as long as you stick to the 4500 mile services. I'm hoping to get a 5 but it all depends on cash etc.

The thing is if I don't do it I know I'm going to regret it forever.

Rick

Trader
Rick, you can sell on one condition - that GT needs a good home with a careful owner mate. She's a twin of my grey one and I couldn't watch her get neglected!

Minty Mk1's are hard to find nowadays:)

It's funny you should say that, one of the conditions of me being able to sell it (From the boss...my wife) is that I cannot sell it to anybody close to us as it would break her heart to see somebody else driving it.

www.glanza.co.uk

Super Mod (極度の調整器)
Regret? You will if you don't do it... Near to 300bhp in a car that can seat 5 people, take a copious amount of stuff in the boot, and has endless tuning capabilities (depending on budget)... I serviced my IV every 6,000 miles with just an oil change, and a quick check over the other parts. When you buy HKS iridium plugs and get an induction kit, there's not much else you need to do asides from the gearbox and diff oil.

I used to get near to 30mpg when I drove it sensibley, but you can expect to be at the filling station nearly every week in your first couple of months...

Last edited:

Jay

Admin
I hear where she's coming from - It would kill me to sell mine mate.

There's three 'sisters' of the same spec that I've seen so far. All the same colour, blue plastics, equipment spec and sunroof:

Mine
Yours
AlanD's (Wylie owns it now)

Bound to be more of them but these are the three I've spotted so far.

Anyhow, enough of the GT enthusiast chat - the Evo should make a fine upgrade and as Mark points out you should enjoy the move up the performance ladder.

Be very picky about the servicing + there's enough tales of crankwalk to scare the unprepared but overall a cared for, good condition example will keep a smile on your face every time you are behind the wheel.

Rick

Trader
To me the Evo is pretty much the ultimate car. I have promised myself to own one one day and I think the time has come, especially as I've just had a quote of £500 fully comp with protected no claims on an Evo 5.