After 8 years my beloved GT is now for sale

Rick

Trader
Right guys, the time has come to move to pastures new and and live my Evo dream. For this to happen my baby has to go, so after 8 great years of ownership some lucky bugger will get my pride and joy.

I picked the car up on 01/05/00. It was registered by the company who imported it (DMC in Sheffield) but I was the first actual owner. From what I'm aware it was one of the first GT's in the country and the cleanest example I have ever seen. I had a Cat 2 immobiliser fitted and the importer arranged for the odometer to be converted into miles and for it to read in MPH and register miles on the odometer. After the conversion it came to about 43000 miles if I remember right.

The car has been my daily driver ever since and has never let me down once in almost 8 years.

Right, here is the spec list:

Engine:

- Hybrid CT9 rebuilt approx 12,000 miles ago. Good for 1.2 bar but running 0.9 bar.
- Blitz Access ECU (Awesome rare ECU and the best aftermarket plug and play available)
- ARC top mount intercooler (Very rare and very expensive item)
- FSE adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
- Roadrunner mild steel manifold (The best manifold ever made and no longer available), used for approx 4000 miles.
- Roadrunner paddle clutch rated to 350 bhp (Bloody harsh clutch to be honest but handles the power well).
- HKS adjustable actuator
- Apexi air filter
- Custom mild steel downpipe
- Custom 2” stainless steel exhaust made by exhaustuk in Sheffield. (Needs a spot of welding but nothing too drastic)
- Forge piston dump valve
- Magnecor 8mm HT leads

Suspension, brakes & Wheels

- Weitec shocks on front
- GAB adjustable shocks on rear.
- Weitec 40mm lowering springs all round
- Blitz type 01 racing wheels (VERY rare and VERY expensive items)
- Toyo T1R’s on front
- Toyo T1S’s on rear
- 3G 10 groove and dimpled discs on front
- EBC Greenstuff pads on front
- Braided brake lines all round
- Motul brake fluid (Better than dot 5.1)
- Cusco type os rear strut brace

Guages & interior etc:

- Greddy 52mm boost gauge (Doesn't light up but works a treat, and doesn't distract you at night)
- Greddy 52mm EGT gauge (This doesn’t work but fills up the hole in the pillar pod)
- Autometer 52mm AFR gauge
- Nomad A-Pillar pod
- TOM’s gearknob
- Panasonic head unit with 6 cd changer
- Parrot 3200 bluetooth fully in built carkit
- Starlet factory mats (Although they have seen better days.)
- Starlet factory boot liner
- Factory sunroof (Quite a rare option)
- Factory rear window shade.
- Climate control
- Personal 350mm steering wheel

The mileage is now 123000. It has been my daily driver since buying the car and still runs like a dream. I went away for a month in October and she fired first time when I got back. I have looked after the car like a baby since getting it and she is in great condition still. You may think that the mileage is high but the car has been looked after very well, she has only been run on Valvoline VR1 racing oil and Vpower ever since it came out (When it was Optimax) and on Super unleaded before that. When looked after Toyota engine are good for way over 200000 miles.

The car is a 1990 Mk1 and is still one of the finest examples I've ever seen. It does have the green GT badge which lights up in the centre of the tailgate and it actually works LOL!!!

The bodywork is in awesome condition still for it's age. Don't get me wrong there are marks but only a few and it is in better condition than pretty much any other GT's I've ever seen still.

Although I've not had it on the rollers I would estimate power at between 190 - 210 BHP. It's difficult to say but she is bloody quick.

Price

£4250 with the Blitz wheels or £4000 with the winter wheels. The winter wheels are made by Intra and they are 14" and were made in West Germany (Old school LOL!!). They are exactly like Porsche 944 wheels though.

Pictures

new10.jpg

new9.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

IMG_0057.jpg

IMG_0054.jpg

New1.jpg

new4-1.jpg

DSC00165.jpg

DSC00330jpg.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

I will post another pic of the winter wheels tomorrow when I get some on this system.

Oh, I forgot to add that it is taxed until the end of October and Mot'd until July.

Contact me

Contact me by U2U and I will get back to you asap.

Cheers

Rick

Last edited:

GTti

Member +
Very nice. It seems pointless selling an example like this when you'll never get a good return, in the big picture £4k really isn't that much money.

Rick

Trader
Thanks for the kind replies guys. It's going to break my heart selling her but I feel the time is right to move on now.

I will get some pics of the engine bay up probably later today, as well as some with my winter wheels on. Don't expect a spotless engine bay though LOL!!!

Rick

Trader
Right I have edited the post with more photos. I have added 1 with my winter wheels on and 1 of the engine bay. On the photo of the engine bay, you may notice that I have a HKS SSQV fitted, this is not included with the car and my old Forge BOV will be fitted instead. My SSQV has an Evo fitting kit with it so will be going on my Evo.

Rick

Trader
what a sad day lol

good luck rick

faisal
i hope we can meet up some time
its been ages since i saw u last

No worries mate, I should be flying round in the Evo when I find one. Plus it's much nicer to be about when the weather is nice.

Jay

Admin
Completely gutted Rick, sorry to see you move on but it's all part of driving what you want to drive and I wish you all the best bud.

For anyone who has seen my 1990, Rick's car and it are sisters from the factory - Same spec, same colour codes, same options.

It is very close to my ideal GT with a serious amount of finely selected modifications thrown in on top.

Worth every bloody penny.

Rick

Trader
Completely gutted Rick, sorry to see you move on but it's all part of driving what you want to drive and I wish you all the best bud.

For anyone who has seen my 1990, Rick's car and it are sisters from the factory - Same spec, same colour codes, same options.

It is very close to my ideal GT with a serious amount of finely selected modifications thrown in on top.

Worth every bloody penny.

Thanks mate, it's taken me almost 8 years to get her to where she is....And now I'm moving on LOL!!!!

I can't believe I'm selling to be honest but I still feel the time is right.

Rob H

Member +
well its 1 less thing for me to play with but i suppose the evo tool box will have to come out to play now!! spent many happy knuckle removing moments under the bonnet of this car i can vouch for every thing fitted to it in the lists cos i fitted everything apart from the alarm/immobiliser