Air Filter Re-location

Nwimie

Member +
Has any body relocated there air filters to a better place with a decent cold air feed WITHOUT removing the air con??

If so pics or explainations please.

Cheers Tim

C

CaL

mate its covered loads but no good answers....manily people say chuck the aircon....but what if i want to keepi it and get rid of the shitty efi pipe....the only result really if had is to mesh the turbo

TurboDave

Member +
With the aircon compressor and rad in the way you are not going to be able to move it to anywhere worth moving it to.

Idrees

Banned
Behind the headlight with a cold air feed?

Something like this...

DSC00022.jpg

Last edited:

Nwimie

Member +
humm i know i have done alot of searchin over the last few months just wondered if i missed anything.

possibly a different rad would allow you to move it to a worth while place without ditching the air con??

just throwing some idea's up for grabs

interestin idrees but not much use if you have the headlight still in?
the main problem is the efi pipe being close to such heat from the turbo + mani i guess.might have to see if i can come up with some sort of heat shield type thing but that would involve using my brain :(

would some sort of heat reflective wrap help around the efi pipe atal?

Last edited:

Spoonz

Member +
humm i know i have done alot of searchin over the last few months just wondered if i missed anything.

possibly a different rad would allow you to move it to a worth while place without ditching the air con??

just throwing some idea's up for grabs

interestin idrees but not much use if you have the headlight still in?
the main problem is the efi pipe being close to such heat from the turbo + mani i guess.might have to see if i can come up with some sort of heat shield type thing but that would involve using my brain :(

would some sort of heat reflective wrap help around the efi pipe atal?

Some ppl relocate it to the fog light on the turbo side mayb a idea for u

C

CaL

il have a look now if you could do it anyway....il get pics too guys....

ChrisGT

Member +
DSC00161.jpg

I did that 'cos I'm cool. Not sure how much difference it actually makes but when its cold at night I swear it feels a bit more responsive, but I'm not sure if I'm imagining things :homer:

However, it definately gets more air in this position compared to the stock position.

chinaone

Member +
As lots of ppl do it this way, behind the lamp, as i still have the AC. you can also have a few air feed direct into the filter. As i have a FMIC, the bonnet scoop no use to me any more, so i have 2 pipes coming form the scoop to the filter.
Another air feed you can do is from the fog lamp up to behind the lights, when you look between the lamp and the fuse box, theres a round rubber cover, take it out, than have a air feed from there to the fog.
DSC01230.jpg

DSC01217.jpg

DSC01065.jpg

DSC01064.jpg

Hope this helped!

Nwimie

Member +
China one thats fooking excelent mate i was looking at using the scoop to bring cold air in :] lil project for me in the next few weeks i think relocate and cold air feed it up :D

cheers Guys any more idea's or different ways you have done it keep um coming :]

ChrisGT

Member +
No i don't get you. The one off the dump valve connects up to the throttle body and the other 2 are disconnected.