Almost got my settlement from Bell Direct

gtsi

Member +
After waiting for my claim settlement since my accident on the 1st November. I decided to contact Bell on the 21st December. After the girl got my details up on her screen, her voice suddenly became concerned, just as she put me on hold for 10 minutes.

When she came back, she told me that my details had been passed to someone senior at the claims dept and they would call me back shortly.

After 30 minutes a guy phone back with my settlement figure, he had just worked it out after checking the online prices.

Shame that the cheque arrived with the wrong name, and my bank would not accept it, also no breakdown of deductions.

gtsi

sx_turbo

Lifer
lol wish mine were like that.

i been waiting since 21st of november, and there is still no light at the end of the tunnel. they reckon it wont be sorted till well into the end of jan.

EDIT: i agree though, the ammount of time it takes insures to sort things out is a piss take.

Last edited:

gtsi

Member +
Yeah, totally agree. It was obvious that since sending all my documents, they had done nothing with my claim. And even get my name wrong, after being insured through them for about 9 years.

I also got a nice phone call from Bell on the 27th December, to notify me that the driving instructor and his student are now claiming whiplash injuries. Even though they were fine at the scene.

Although they were really interested when I mentioned that the Instructor went off on one, telling me that this was the 6th time that this had happened, one of which resulted in a back injury. Hope they don't get anything.

Hope all your problems get sorted soon

GT-turbo

Member +
Yeah, totally agree. It was obvious that since sending all my documents, they had done nothing with my claim. And even get my name wrong, after being insured through them for about 9 years.

I also got a nice phone call from Bell on the 27th December, to notify me that the driving instructor and his student are now claiming whiplash injuries. Even though they were fine at the scene.

Although they were really interested when I mentioned that the Instructor went off on one, telling me that this was the 6th time that this had happened, one of which resulted in a back injury. Hope they don't get anything.

Hope all your problems get sorted soon

If you drove into the back of them, then there is a good chance they got whiplash. Whiplash rarely hurts instantly, and can take up to 3 days to become apparent. I was hit my another driver, and its still hurts 5 months later.

If you hit them from behind, then its your fault (99% of the time). If they where injured then they deserve to be compensated for it.

MJA

Member +
If you drove into the back of them, then there is a good chance they got whiplash. Whiplash rarely hurts instantly, and can take up to 3 days to become apparent. I was hit my another driver, and its still hurts 5 months later.

If you hit them from behind, then its your fault (99% of the time). If they where injured then they deserve to be compensated for it.

yeah, i was hit by a lorry at 60mph on the M27 last year, ended up getting £1500 compensation which paid for my Rota's and WEPR exhaust :p

The car was written off as you can tell. im glad i wasn't in the Starlet, because i probably wouldn't be here now

mcleod

Member +
1500 int that much to say it was a lorry my sis' bfriend got hit from behind while he was in a lorry and he got nearly 5g and that car looks a ryt mess.

MJA

Member +
i couldn't be bothered with the hassle of going to court. i was only a passenger, and the focus held up really well to be fair. My seat completely collapsed which saved me from any really nasty injuries

gtsi

Member +
I don't have any issue with legitimate claims for injury, it's fair enough, I did hit them and if there was a resultant injury, then fair cop. My issue is when there is a possibility of a non-legitimate claim being made.

Would you expect someone suffering from whiplash to carry on working in a profession that could aggravate the injury, or maybe wait until they had recovered?

davehart

Member +
When I binned my old n/a, I say binned it got t-boned, I got my money for the full claim 2 weeks after.

Mind you that was with Quinn.

gtsi

Member +
Well, I got my 3rd issue of the settlement check yesterday, and they still have not got my name correct. You would think that since they just have to use the name of the Policy Holder, they could get it right.

Hopefully the bank to accept it today. Now waiting on them sending my documents back.

Mo_GT

Member +
i had my car accident on 28th december got paid out for my car last week and now i am waiting for them to pay me out for my losses

gtsi

Member +
blimey and i thought my insurance was slow.

Just seems to take about 2 to 3 weeks for a cheque to be reissued, by computer and sent 1st class by royalmail.

Funny how this only seems to apply when they are sending out money, when you apply for insurance from them, you usually receive all of the paperwork, plus the direct debit instruction next day.

At least you got your insurance sorted.

sx_turbo

Lifer
Just seems to take about 2 to 3 weeks for a cheque to be reissued, by computer and sent 1st class by royalmail.

Funny how this only seems to apply when they are sending out money, when you apply for insurance from them, you usually receive all of the paperwork, plus the direct debit instruction next day.

At least you got your insurance sorted.

yeah mine is now sorted.

insurance company's are just crooks in suits mate, they try there hardest to get out of anything, and keep your money in there account as long as possible.