am i covered?

chris141

Member +
im insured on my mums corsa 1.2 as a named driver. we are fully comp and with open+direct just wondering if any one knows if im insured to drive any car as long as its insured and have owners permission?

corofin12345

Member +
well if your full comp im sure you can.. ive only third party fire and theft and i can drive other cars but if i crash into someone (knock on wood) my insurence will only cover the other car involved..

stuarty1

Member +
i think you are bud yea that the way mine works but sure giv them a ring eney way would not hurt mate and ta be sure ta be sure

addz

Member +
Depends what it states on your policy.

I believed it was 25+ years of age to drive any other car third party on the right policy (if stated on policy).

J25GTi

Lifer
Every policy is different, so you need to check, dont assume as my mate lost his license as he didnt check his policy when it renewed and they took his insurance to drive other cars off and he didnt eve n notice until he got stopped!

weeJohn

Lifer
I would say not, most fully comp insurance premiums cover the main driver to drive another car under the insurance policy they have set up, usually only if the other car is insured and the cover is only 3rd party.

I got a fine for doing exactly as you state, i was driving a friends car as they were drunk but that made no difference to the judge.

Phone the brokers and as them directly, but it will probably say all that in the policy.

dac69er

Super Moderator
if your just a named driver then i would very much doubt it. if you were the main driver on the policy its still unlikely if your under 25 unless you specifically specified it and payed extra as insurers know about the trick of insuring a 1l fiesta and then driving a skyline as your insured for any other car!

as others say, check the documents and/or ring the insurer.

*starlet_babe*

Member +
I doubt very much you are covered to drive another car. As has been said check your documents. The only other way is to be added as a temporary driver to the car you are planning on driving, which will have to be done through the car owners insurance(and is the best way)

skyinsurance

Member +
CHECK YOUR CERTIFICATE OF INSURANCE!

Guys, with respect, if you do not know the answer, it is best not to offer advice.

turboflow

Member +
check mate, im with bell and last year i was allowed to but this year im not as the age has gone up but they did not tell me it had changed. check mate