Another Caldina / am I the oldest member?

Caldinarod

Fresh Recruit
Hi,
Am I the oldest GT Turbo fan on here at 53?
Actually, I've got 2 Caldina GT-Ts, a green one I've had for 18 months or more and a Red special which I've just imported because I saw it in an auction and just had to buy it. The green is the daily transport, comfortable and quick but a bit tatty here and there. The Red has a big exhaust, Tien adjustables, an Apexi inlet pipe with cone filter, Speedline wheels/low profile tyres and is not very comfortable but looks mint - probably too mint for me (and the dog) and definitely too hard and noisy for me so it will probably have to go to a younger owner!
This is a great site and from what I've seen so far a very friendly place to be.

a nice pair.jpg red2.jpg

Attachments

• red.jpg
    red.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 30
  • red3.jpg
    red3.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 30

Derek

Lifer
Hello and welcome nice collection not one but two of them, your up there with the oldest but there is a member called alfradio that will give you a run for your money on the age stakes.Enjoy the site anyway.

scot-ish

Member +
welcome along, no offence like, but that red one looks horrid, i dunno why, not like the caldina's ive seen before, looks like its been to halfords too much lol

Caldinarod

Fresh Recruit
welcome along, no offence like, but that red one looks horrid, i dunno why, not like the caldina's ive seen before, looks like its been to halfords too much lol

No offense taken, if we all drove the same cars the roads would be very boring.
I agree that in some of these pictures it does look a bit naff - when I resized and cropped them for posting they somehow lost something. I'll try to do a better job in future.

Phil

Super Moderator
quite like caldinas, trevor/ted/weejohn had/have a white one, its lovely.

the red one i think would look a little more understated in grey or black.

anyhow welcome to the site.

Phil

Caldinarod

Fresh Recruit
Thought so... Good spot on the additional plate on the bulkhead, but from the TRD workshop? Nope... ;)
The guy who looked it over in Japan for me was a Toyota mechanic in the UK before he married a Japanese girl and moved to Japan. It was him that told me it was TRD - In the absence of any evidence to the contrary I just accepted what he said, he had nothing to gain by it. Why do you think he's wrong. I'll remove that bit of the advert if it's wrong.

Jay

Admin
Nice to see more of these wagons on the site, they really are great all-rounders. :)

Jay