any direct fit gearboxes

ryanjfo

Member +
are there any gearboxes that will fit directly into a 1997 starlet glanza 4efte ep91 except the actual one itslef...any that are pretty close or direct fits from other cars

G6Turbo

Member +
what is the model code for the FTE gearbox then? As i think the G6r gearbox is a straight fit. Also if ur lucky enough to find a c161 gearbox (4E-FE G6 gearbox) that wil be a straight fit

Harvey

Member +
starlet 4EFTE gbox is a C52, glanza V is a C56.

The G6 as G6Turbo says is a direct fit. The G6R is not though as this was on the 4AFE engine so has an A series bellhousing.

Any 4EFE (starlet or corolla) or 5EFE (paseo/cynos/sera) gearbox should be a direct fit, but i dont know if the 4EFTE box is 'stronger' then the NA and i dont know how the gear ratio's would be on the turbo

D3N0

Member +
i am currnetly searching for a G6 gearbox so if anyone knows of ones where abouts please let me know...thanks

G6Turbo

Member +
i believe that the FTE gearboxes are stonger than the FE gearboxes. The base box for the c161 (G6gearbox) was a C150 gearbox, dont exacly know were that came off but i reckon its a N/A FE gearbox

Greg0r

Member +
with regards to putting in a 6speed box, what would need to be modded with regards to the shifter cables and the changer itself??

Harvey

Member +
Do you actually need this for definite mate? Cos surely the cables would be a different length with the corolla being a bigger car?

C150 i think that was fitted to the 5E wasnt it? like in the paseo and sera?

G6Turbo

Member +
Do you actually need this for definite mate? Cos surely the cables would be a different length with the corolla being a bigger car?

C150 i think that was fitted to the 5E wasnt it? like in the paseo and sera?

Hmm u could be right mate, didnt think about that. but the shifter and the frame u wil need for sure

I dont know wich one it was in but i think al the 4E-FE and 5E-FE powerd vehicles, not sure though

Harvey

Member +
Yeah you might be right mate maybe the 4E has the C150. I have a feeling there is a C151 too maybe thats the 5E

I am gonna hve to find a G6 to look at and study the shifter bits etc :)

G6Turbo

Member +
ive got some info on the C161 gearbox ;), the FE sixspeeder that is

Scannen.jpg

only thing is its in dutch :p

monka

Member +
would a box from a glanza s or starlet gi,

i remember when i had my 106 fitting box's from less powerfull and smaller engined models, as they had different ratios to make them quicker

TRD-TAZZ

Member +
Stock Codes

Hi All I see that There is a lot of talk about C150 = 5Speed C151 = 5Speel LSD ...... and the G6:p Where does that code " C*** " sigt on the box
I beleave there are other boxes that fit ... glad to see some storys turn out true .... And whats that thing about changing the bellhousing ?

G6Turbo

Member +
the front of the gearbox that mounts to the engine block is called the bellhousing. If u want a different gearbox on ur FTE engine some gearboxes wil require too swap the bellhousings to let it adapt too the engine.

The C is just the series of gearboxes, and the 1 before the 61 and 60 and such just indicates the newer kind of gearbox design i believe

TRD-TAZZ

Member +
C150

Thanks ....
Is it a big job to change the bellhousing or should one take it to the pro's to have changed ?
.... the "C151 , C150 , C160 , C161 " is this a code stamped on the Gearbox " if yes where " or is it just a Ref to model ..>

G6Turbo

Member +
euhm....geez beats me, never really looked at my gearbox but i reckon it wil be there somewere because every gearbox looks the same LOL :p

And fitting a bellhousing isnt that difficult

TRD-TAZZ

Member +
Mmmm

Ive looked at some boxes and cant seem to find that code "C***" the only code or No: i see is where the cluch frok goes threw the bellhousing ....its a long No: about 10 digets or so ..

ill keep looking and if i find it ill let Ya know ...

O ha G6 boxes are aroud here just a bit pricy ...about 7500.00 South Africa Rands . Where a 5 Speed box is R1200.00...>

G6Turbo

Member +
u could also look for the blacktop 6speed box thats a c160 box. Dont know if it fits straight but its worth a try :)

tell us if u find the numbers :D