Any important things to do when putting engine back in?

hga05

Member +
Im am soon going to put my engine back in and was wondering if there is any particular important things i should do such as setting up the gear linkages etc.

Jay

Admin
Only advice I can offer is to replace all the wear and tear items whilst you have the engine out (waterpump for example). When refitting take you time and triplecheck everything. The earths are mighty important so make sure all connections are tight.

Failing that, good luck with the refit.

Mike D EP82

Member +
if e were u i would do the clutch, timing belt kit, water pump, any worn oil seals e.g. crankshaft, camshaft.and headgasket it is much easier out of the car and then you know its done and dusted hopefully you wont have to change anything again. Id also throw in a full service kit i.e. oil filter, plugs, fuel filter and id imagine you will have an induction kit so dont bother with the air filter lol

hga05

Member +
Just be be sure, which water/vac pipes are you talking about? One vac pipe im not sure about is the one coming off the hard pipe off the water pump as there are two places next to each other it could fit on the intake manifold What happens if they are put back incorrectly? Also do i have to set the gearlinkage cables up or do i just put them back as they were before? Any help would great.

hga05

Member +
Yeh i know it is a vac pipe, just wondered if it mattered where it goes on the inlet maifold as there are two tubes with nothing on at the moment. Any idea with setting up the gear linkages aswell.